CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

HID on F3

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID on F3

anyone gonna have this besides me? Just thought I'd check in and see if someone had it and didn't like it before I go drop a bill on a hid kit

Old 04-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Default RE: HID on F3

nope too much money to drop on the f3....plus i dont think they make dual brightness HID's..do they??
(Hi-Low in the same bulb)??[&:]

Old 04-30-2008, 09:15 PM

I got the HID they came with the bike when i bought it, I always wanted to put them in my car, HID great, i wear a mirror sheild w/shoei. My buddy has a problem seeing at night cuz he got ashield too,but w/ HID no problems. But yea no low beams, i just leave on high beams, i don't think its a problem, compared to how bright regular new bikes lights are, its about the same.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:58 AM

There are Hi/Lo HIDs in the same bulb, but typically there's a motorized lens or shield that is moved to expose the upper portion of the beam. Another alternative is a HID low beam bulb with a halogen high beam piggybacked on it. I would stay away from installing HIDs in an F3 because it's a non-projector housing and you'll end up blinding everyone else and could end up w/ a ticket.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:34 AM

good to know..thanks 300ex...ive never seen the ones with the hi low in the same bulb...nor thehid low with a halogen hi beam. Ive just got a xenon in there right now, works great and has that nice color.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:44 PM

hmmm good thought...it's only a lil over a 100 for the kit since I know some people that know some people that know some people, but I may just gowith a nice xenon instead and save the dough...

Old 05-01-2008, 09:13 PM

I got HID on my bike and it has the piggyback halogen bulb. Work great at night time driving.

Been behind several NJ State Troopers and never had a problem with them.

Plus, I know I might sound like a butt head, I rather be seen, than not at all.

If you don't look directly at the headlight it won't blinded you.

My kit only cost me $30.00 for that Ballast, $15 for the wire harness, and 15.00 for the bulbs. Got everything off of ebay, had them in for 2 months now. LOVE THEM!!

I do want to convert a OEM headlight to clear plastic, but I have to find a cheap one first. No more $10.00, just incase it don't turn out right..

Old 05-02-2008, 02:01 AM

I got a low beam only kit for like $80. Works awesome, no need for a high beam. I have recommend.

I like the low beam only kit better anyway. Now I can have the bike turned on and not have the headlight draining the battery... by hitting the high beam switch. Also, I turn the headlight off when I'm done riding. That way when I go to start the bike the ballast isnt fired up for a few seconds before its cut off when I hit the start button, then turned back on when I release the button. This saves where and tear on the ballast. Also, I always know when my headlights are off because I have a bright blue light on.