CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

hesitation under 3k. think i know what it is. opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cleaning jet passages

Originally Posted by IDoDirt
Yea, what he said...

As for the slow jets, I don't think you're going to be able to get a piece of fishing line to go through them. The hole is smaller than the line and it's not going to be stiff enough for you to push it through.
what would you recommend to push through the passages on the jets after they have had a soak in carb cleaner over night if you have no access to compressed air?
im not going to use a wire bristle in case it widens the passage as they are only brass jets?

cheers, and safe riding,

Ant

Old 01-27-2011, 02:09 PM

Read that a guitar string works good, the thin string.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:48 PM

either guitar string or the wire from bread ties... you take the paper off so the wire is bare.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:55 PM

you want a top E string 0.012 i think it is

Old 01-27-2011, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by kerosene
either guitar string or the wire from bread ties... you take the paper off so the wire is bare.
god dammit-no bread in the cupboard!, off to get a loaf in the morning!!
hold on,over here our bread dont come with ties,just stupid thin sticky strip to "re-stick"(lmao,last's about twice) together after you've pinched a slice

thank you too Monkeh, unfortunately im as musically strung as a guitar with all the strings missing and 1 hole either side!

Old 01-28-2011, 08:18 AM

A single strand off a piece of standard stranded cable will work. (say that 3 times fast)

Old 01-28-2011, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by 6 Fingered Man
A single strand off a piece of standard stranded cable will work. (say that 3 times fast)
cheers 6 Fingered Man, grrrr only managing to say it fast two and a bit times so far!

Old 03-04-2011, 10:48 AM

any updates intiractive.
know it's an old thread.
just wanted to know how it went?

Old 03-05-2011, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by humboldt racer
any updates intiractive.
know it's an old thread.
just wanted to know how it went?
well the last set of carbs i got were squeaky *** clean. so i went ahead and cleaned the jets anyways since they were off the bike. got it runnin pretty good. then i worked out of town for 2 months and came back home and of course they were dirty again. turns out my gas fouled out in my tank, and was a **** yellow/brownish color. got all of that out, cleaned the carbs again, ran seafoam through it, then put some sta-bil in the tank with fresh gas. she ran predictably for a week when i would randomly start her up (40 degrees, 60 degrees etc). got busy for a week and didnt start her, come back and try to start her and absolutely nothing. just kept turnin over and over and over.

so the final verdict: i never was able to make her start correctly for more than a week. i couldnt let the bike sit for any length of period (with sta-bil or without) and come back and start her up. i was using citgo 87 grade gas. tried mutliple cans of sea foam, cleaned the carbs at least 7-8 times within one year. tried sta-bil in the gas tank. went through at least 10 packs of spark plugs (autolite 4303). sprayed wd40 on the intake boots while running multiple times, and never found a vacuum leak. i just gave up on the bike, and it has been sitting in my garage since last summer. havent touched it.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by intiractive
well the last set of carbs i got were squeaky *** clean. so i went ahead and cleaned the jets anyways since they were off the bike. got it runnin pretty good. then i worked out of town for 2 months and came back home and of course they were dirty again. turns out my gas fouled out in my tank, and was a **** yellow/brownish color. got all of that out, cleaned the carbs again, ran seafoam through it, then put some sta-bil in the tank with fresh gas. she ran predictably for a week when i would randomly start her up (40 degrees, 60 degrees etc). got busy for a week and didnt start her, come back and try to start her and absolutely nothing. just kept turnin over and over and over.

so the final verdict: i never was able to make her start correctly for more than a week. i couldnt let the bike sit for any length of period (with sta-bil or without) and come back and start her up. i was using citgo 87 grade gas. tried mutliple cans of sea foam, cleaned the carbs at least 7-8 times within one year. tried sta-bil in the gas tank. went through at least 10 packs of spark plugs (autolite 4303). sprayed wd40 on the intake boots while running multiple times, and never found a vacuum leak. i just gave up on the bike, and it has been sitting in my garage since last summer. havent touched it.
Run a compression test, beyond that, if its having a hard time starting, check the plugs, they will tell you what is wrong. Check for visual spark, double check firing order, check float bowls for fuel. If you wouldn't mind, take a picture of the plugs. If you still have the old fouled sets, take pics of those too.

Quick Reply: hesitation under 3k. think i know what it is. opinions?