CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

helmet lock

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 06:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, i'm guessing they changed the pegs or the ignition. locksmith is your best bet. or look for an aftermarket option. i don't use the lock that often. carbin fiber helmet, too easy to get scratched there.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:51 PM

Thanks for all the input, guys. I've called a few locksmiths in dealing with losing my ignition key and they want over $100, even if I drive it to them. Although, F3LUV, I have not tried using all of the keys that came with my bike... ridiculously obvious and simple approach that I've completely overlooked!! I'll try it out tonight, but I'm pretty sure none of my keys work in the helmet lock. It IS in a bogus spot too, I mangled the chin of a nice Scorpion helmet while riding a block or so with my lid still in the lock. No Bueno. thanks for the help!!

Old 10-19-2010, 08:47 AM

None of my keys work in the helmet lock and a locksmith is way too pricy. Initially, my ignition key worked in the helmet lock as well but I lost the key to my ignition and had to get SpicyMeowMix to send me an ignition and key set, which worked great. Now I have no key access to my helmet lock. I really want to use it so that I don't have to carry my lid everywhere after I'm parked and I'm curious... does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks for the time, CBR Forum!

Old 10-19-2010, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by SixHundo
None of my keys work in the helmet lock and a locksmith is way too pricy. Initially, my ignition key worked in the helmet lock as well but I lost the key to my ignition and had to get SpicyMeowMix to send me an ignition and key set, which worked great. Now I have no key access to my helmet lock. I really want to use it so that I don't have to carry my lid everywhere after I'm parked and I'm curious... does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks for the time, CBR Forum!
if you're not worried about locking it put it in the strap on the seat, that'll hold it...

Old 10-19-2010, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by kerosene
if you're not worried about locking it put it in the strap on the seat, that'll hold it...
I like where your head's at Kerosene, but I have a custom seat that has no strap.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:36 AM

I like where your head's at Kerosene, but I have a custom seat that has no strap.
hmm, other choice is on the mirror, or you can make your own little hanger... just grab metal twine they use to tie down bike parts for track, make a little loop somehow mount it on the underside of the seat and hang it from the outside of your plastics... it'll be a bit ugly unless you make it hide somehow... maybe something retractable...

or something like

and hang it off the passenger peg... you can attach the helmet to this and let it sit on the passenger peg

Old 10-20-2010, 11:37 AM

hmm, other choice is on the mirror, or you can make your own little hanger... just grab metal twine they use to tie down bike parts for track, make a little loop somehow mount it on the underside of the seat and hang it from the outside of your plastics... it'll be a bit ugly unless you make it hide somehow... maybe something retractable...

or something like

and hang it off the passenger peg... you can attach the helmet to this and let it sit on the passenger peg
WOW. Awesome Idea man. Thats exactly the creativity I'm looking for. Now that you mention it, I have some old gun locks that are designed to loop through the slide which will work perfectly. THANK YOU KEROSENE!

Old 10-20-2010, 05:52 PM

WOW. Awesome Idea man. Thats exactly the creativity I'm looking for. Now that you mention it, I have some old gun locks that are designed to loop through the slide which will work perfectly. THANK YOU KEROSENE!
No Problemo Cut off that bloody lock when you get a chance, grind it down then send to powder coat, it'll look lots better, I took pictures of my bike today, I'll post them up... I took a pic of the passenger pegs, I cut the reservoir mount and the helmet lock.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:10 AM

or something like

Cool idea..

Old 01-30-2011, 07:20 AM

Wait, we have a helmet lock on our bikes? Where?

Quick Reply: helmet lock