CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

helmet lock

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default helmet lock

I lost the key to my helmet lock. Any ideas on how to bring it to a functional level without having to buy a new helmet lock and key? I dont necessarily need it to lock, just to be able to open and close. Any information is really appreciated. Thanks CBR forum.
-Sixhundo

Old 09-16-2010, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by SixHundo
I lost the key to my helmet lock. Any ideas on how to bring it to a functional level without having to buy a new helmet lock and key? I dont necessarily need it to lock, just to be able to open and close. Any information is really appreciated. Thanks CBR forum.
-Sixhundo
I endorse this thread. I bought a bike with no keys whatsoever. Soooo bump?

Old 09-18-2010, 08:22 AM

I thought the ignition key also worked the helmet lock. Mine does at least.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Asmittie84
I thought the ignition key also worked the helmet lock. Mine does at least.
this

I actually hang my helmet from the seat strap, when I'm close to the bike t hat is... the helmet lock sucks, it's in a horrible spot...

Old 09-19-2010, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by kerosene
the helmet lock sucks, it's in a horrible spot...
It's nice since we can actually lock it but it sucks with the location. I mucked up a new visor because I was at work and coming back in while it was starting to pour rain. I hopped out of my work truck, ran to my bike and started it up. I drove it into the garage then realized I forgot to take my helmet off and the chain scuffed up my visor.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Asmittie84
It's nice since we can actually lock it but it sucks with the location. I mucked up a new visor because I was at work and coming back in while it was starting to pour rain. I hopped out of my work truck, ran to my bike and started it up. I drove it into the garage then realized I forgot to take my helmet off and the chain scuffed up my visor.
If I'm walking away from my bike for extended period of time, I carry my helmet regardless of the PITA it is... I'm going to cut off the lock this week... I think I've used the lock twice since I've owned the bike

Old 09-23-2010, 11:22 PM

somebody must have broke the helmet lock off your bike and replaced it from another bike or something stupid like that cuz my helmet lock key is the same key as my ignition key. make sure you try your ignition key. maybe you have 2 of the same keys and just thought one was strictly your helmet lock key? im not by any means trying to be a smart *** either btw. loland i agree on the stupid location of the helmet lock. but im just glad to have one

Old 09-24-2010, 12:08 AM

I cut mine off, same as the reservoir canister mount... I cleaned up the pegs and also painted them... going to add some nice clearcoat today... they look 10000000 times better... almost like off a 600rr.

I'd venture to say that maybe they changed the ignition :\ it's VERY difficult to damage that lock location...trust me on that

Old 09-24-2010, 09:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I replaced my passenger pegs/assymbly and went through the same thing. I took my bike to a local locksmith who pulled the lock off of the peg and made me a new key from it. Cost me around $12.00 both times I've had to do it.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:36 PM

+1 on carrying your helmet with you, i mean i do use the lock but if they want your helmet they're just going to snip it...

Quick Reply: helmet lock