CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Hei Man Ebay/Hong Kong Fairings Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 02:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hei Man Ebay/Hong Kong Fairings Build Thread

Hey everyone!
So here's the deal, there really is not much info out there on the Ebay/Hong Kong fairings besides plenty of complaints.
So, as a result, I'm out to set things straight, or eat my words

I purchased a set of 18 fairing bolts with the red anodized cover from ebay users Timmy6666 and the fairings from Heiman.
I will cover everything from the fit and finish to the freebies the fairings come with.
I will include plenty of pictures of the installation and any problems I happen to run into.
The only tools I plan on using to get a proper fit is a dremel and my jacked arms
I might also end up throwing on some header wrap and more heat insulation, but that is to be determined.

Stay tuned. It'll be a good two weeks before they arrive!
-Brian

Old 09-04-2010, 04:56 AM

cant wait bro gl

Old 09-04-2010, 07:39 PM

Sweet, you should post up some info on what exactly you bought. Im looking to get some f4i fairings to put on my f3, i figure even if they dont fit perfectly i still have to adapt them to my bike anyway

Old 09-05-2010, 03:04 AM

Of course!
Here are the exact fairings I bought http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Heiman only had this color listed on ebay for the 95-96 F3, however he was VERY easy to work with in the whole purchase.
He was more then able/willing to do the exact theme on 97-98 F3 fairings.
I also had some custome requests regarding some decal placements.
I requested black "HONDA" decals placed on both lower fairings at the bottom and one on the center upper fairing (right above the headlight).

My plan is to do a 'stormtrooper" theme (black and white), so in this case, black wheels, smoked head/tail light, black windscreen, and white fairings.

Also, here are the fairing bolts I purchase:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

I'm excited to get this project rolling!
I'll keep everyone posted.

-Brian

Old 09-05-2010, 10:28 AM

a buddy of mine just got a hong kong windscreen bolt set and they worked out fine... just took a while to ship

Old 09-05-2010, 01:55 PM

Kits from korea huh. Maybe I should contact this guy to see where in korea he is getting these fairings because I live in korea. Would be nice to pick up a few sets for my custom fairing projects.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:43 PM

yea im really looking forward to this because i asked a local shop how much they would repaint my fairings.. hes charging me 500 without including the gas tank.. i was like f*** that ill go buy new fairings... keep us posted dude thanks!

Old 09-08-2010, 11:17 AM

i notice that the kit you ordered has the fuel tank cover, but you are getting the paint job on 97 fairings. were you able to have him use a tank cover? none of his 97-98 listings have a tank cover. wouldn't it be hard to match the paint for the tank?

Old 09-08-2010, 12:15 PM

I just got a full fairing set for my 96 f3 from Timmy6666, they actually fit alot better than expected the only area that had some fit issue was the front fender was tight and i had to drill 2 holes larger for the front of the tail section to clip in. A few small areas of misalignment but nothing noticeable and the free windscreen was junk. I got some color matched paint in an aerosol from NAPA for the tank and re-did the whole bike for under $500.

I'm interested to see how yours turns out. That's really cool that the seller took a special request for the graphics.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

theres a walkthrough in my sig.
have fun

Quick Reply: Hei Man Ebay/Hong Kong Fairings Build Thread