CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F3 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f3-17/)
-   -   Ghetto turn signal mod problem (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f3-17/ghetto-turn-signal-mod-problem-118165/)

Cr250r67 10-29-2010 07:07 PM

Ghetto turn signal mod problem

So finally got the 98 seat to almost finish the tail swap( still lacking that $90 center tail fairing, Got the old one rigged in there for now.) but then the turn signal bodies that I had crammed in between the tail and seat no longer fit so I looked at spicys turn signal thread (Thanks man) Got em mounted and wired but now for some reason when they are not flashing the bulbs are both lit but at about 20% brightness and when flashing they flash at full power. I dont recall them staying lit when I had them the other way. Also the turn signal indicators on the dash are both lit at 20% or so when not flashing. As long as it doesnt cause any problems I guess I dont see any problem with it. But it still causes me concern because it didnt do it before.

espelade 10-29-2010 07:46 PM

Are you sure you grabbed the correct wires?

Looks like green for negative, orange for left rear turn and light blue for right rear turn. those should be the only 3 wires used.

Cr250r67 10-29-2010 07:58 PM

Yeah its hooked up right I double checked myself after I saw the lights glowing. Its hooked up just like I had it before the mod.

User Name 10-30-2010 11:07 AM

Did you mess with the front turn signals? I wired led turn Signals up front but hooked the running/turn wires up front together and had to throw a diode in line to keep it from backfeeding to the turn circuit. But my rear turn and dash lights were at like 90% before the diode.

spicymeowmix 10-30-2010 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Cr250r67 (Post 982260)
So finally got the 98 seat to almost finish the tail swap( still lacking that $90 center tail fairing, Got the old one rigged in there for now.) but then the turn signal bodies that I had crammed in between the tail and seat no longer fit so I looked at spicys turn signal thread (Thanks man) Got em mounted and wired but now for some reason when they are not flashing the bulbs are both lit but at about 20% brightness and when flashing they flash at full power. I dont recall them staying lit when I had them the other way. Also the turn signal indicators on the dash are both lit at 20% or so when not flashing. As long as it doesnt cause any problems I guess I dont see any problem with it. But it still causes me concern because it didnt do it before.

as far as i know, the mod shouldn't affect the brightness or anything concerning the actual lights themselves cept for the locations.

glad you like it, but I could only guess something happened wrong in the wiring process. Them being lit when not flashing sounds like a wiring problem.