CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Gauge Lighting Disscution!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 03:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge Lighting Disscution!!

Ok so i am looking pretty heavy into swapping the f4i gauges for the old ones but im tight on money now that im dummping it into this bike, But i was going to look into replacing the bulbs for new ones and maybe if im lucky they will have the same ones out there in a diff colors and if not i was also looking into Putting indivuale L.E.D.S were the bulbs go, What do you guyz think and has anyone done this already with any results. Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Moto...em160252134858&

Old 06-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Registered Users
Default RE: Gauge Lighting Disscution!!

have you looked at the back of the cluster? if you havnt do those are teeny tiny little buggers...and the display is orange, the bulb isnt the deciding factor in the color. Brighter maybe

Old 06-18-2008, 02:30 AM

RIGHT but what about my idea of L.E.D.s if i put thos in place of the bubls would that work as far as brightness and fit and all of the above.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:26 PM

Yeah the LED's will work. they are available from brightworks or one of the LED palces that is always pimped on here. When i get home I can look and give you the exact location for them. but short answer yes the LED's will work and make it brighter.

Silver as I stated above, either Performance Angels or Super Bright LED'sshould have the LED's you are looking for.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:44 AM

Thanks alot for the link yeah i want something for now untill i get the f4i gauges later, but yeah and now i have another question
THE HEAD LIGHT ok i got a blueish white/ bright single bulb , dos anyone know how much Watts the stock head light uses. because i found at the auto zone a single 55 or 100 watt HD halogin Bulb with a single wire hook up wire user self type of thing and the bulb is also very small would this be a good idea to switch for a stock type of type for thebrightness/Watts. Thanks for your time

Old 06-19-2008, 08:46 AM

Witch one would be the best LED to usefrom the first site i was lookin at the LED Type Festoon Bulbfrom the second site IDK wat to concider. help me out.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:22 PM

So Which one am i looking for anyone?
http://www.superbrightleds.com/compWLED.htm

Old 06-19-2008, 07:40 PM

I am not 100% on this, but if you look at the earlier link I gave, and scroll all the way down, there are some instrument lights down there. if you have one of your accessable, look at it compare to them. one of those should be the one you use, I just dont remember which one it is, and I dont have the paperwork still.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:47 AM

Back to the top, okay so I was messing with my gauge lights last night and brought one with me to work and am having one hell of a time finding a replacement...LED or incandescent.

Cletus, have you actually gone thru and replaced yours in the past? If so I'm hoping you can help out with a part number or something from what you purchased. I looked at the socket bulbs that superbrightLED has to offer and none of them measure out to the OEM. All I have to go off of is the "V-2" that's on the current bulb.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:32 AM

Ol' right! To bring a little light on the situation, the bulb can be pulled out of the little twist lock socket! Ding ding! Whole new ball game now, these bulbs are a regular #74 automotive and I have my GF going to get some in a little while if theyre not too expensive.

Quick Reply: Gauge Lighting Disscution!!