CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Full exhuast race system??????

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full exhuast race system??????

Whats the difference between a stock system and one like this acomplete D&Drace system for a Honda CBR 600 F3.I dont see much difference except of course the headers being seperate peices.Will there be a big difference in power/feel.Is it worth the money, does anyone have a full exhuast system and can share and tell. Id appreciate

Old 04-08-2008, 07:47 PM
Default RE: Full exhuast race system??????

I got a Full V&H system. I asked about D&D but found out from some tuners and others that on the F3s they have a terrible hesitation at 7k with a Full D&D exhaust that can't be rid of.

Here is my Full V&H
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3cIFa0VsR8
In Action...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UffB6Yt6aR8

What I have done. A BMC Air Filter, new Factory Pro needles and softer springs(With stock jets), and a Full V&H exhaust on 93octane. I have an ignition advancer on back order. I'm also running stock gearing and it's not a 520 conversion. I weigh about 220lbs

Old 04-08-2008, 07:48 PM

Oh yeah. The new headers reduce a lot of weight and from what I understand the main power difference in street bikes comes from the headers.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:59 PM

so everyone you heard from says that the D&D Systemhas a bad effect on F3? That sucks.Then why dontD&D recall? That pic is from EBay and the system is for 40.00$ as of now but has some days left. It must be worthless if it makes the bike hesitate at 7k thats why it must be so cheap and he says its NEW. Damn i knew it was to good to be true.[:@]
YOur bike sounds CRAZY. SOunds like you can definitly feel the difference from stock system.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:13 PM

I have Two Bros on both of mine and yes,there is a whopping difference.

I don't believe the D&D hesitation bit at all.Poor carb adjustment will cause that,especially if there's a BMC or other high flow air filter on the bike.It ain't the pipes.

Watch and snipe that D&D stuff on ebay.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:14 AM

yeah i ran a full d&d on my f2 (pretty much same set up) and that thing was a monster. i felt no hesitation except for coming up on traffic to fast and having to back off but always with a smile.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:32 PM

I was going to go with D&D as a last resort since no one makes full exhaust anymore. The main reason for that is whent he F2s an F3s where the badass bikes Vance&Hines worked directly with Honda for their racing developement. So they had lots of dyno time and high dollar engineers designing a good exhaust. Now all V&H deals with really is cruisers.

The guy who has mechaniced my bike some use to race F2s and F3s and he is apprently the guy to go to for Carb tuning here in the Atlanta area. He knew my exact setup and shimmed my needles right without a dyno tune. Even with a BMC air filter the bike runs strong.

I'll say that if you can find a Full V&H system or atleast the headers go with that. If not the D&D will probably be your next best option. Now a note I'm going on what is suppose to be best for performance not sound or looks. I couldn't care less if my bike's exhaust sounded like Twinkle Twinkle little star. I just wanted to make it as fast as possible within my budget.

Either way let us know how it goes and pics/vid once you do get it.