CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

fuel tank questin (tank itself)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel tank questin (tank itself)

I have been having insane amount of carb issues, and have done everything in the world to them, but yet cant get it worked out.

So my question is, why does my fuel tank not have vent lines for the bottom of it? it's a 95 cbrf3. and as far as I can tell everyone I've seen does, there's no spots for the vents hose's, there not just capped off, they don't exsist. Could this be the main source of my problems, it does still have the correct cap I assume because its same key as ignition. Tank also does fit my bike and line up to fairings. What gas tank could this be?

Old 06-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator
Received 496 Likes on 449 Posts

Does the fuel tank still have the original paint from the factory on it ? If not, it's hard to say what tank it might be.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:00 PM

My guess is your bung got changed out. My bike is a 95 f3 as well and when I remove the tank there are three lines on the bottom. Supply and two vents. I could imagine this could be your problem. One way to checks toride it with the cap open with some clean rags covering it. Obviously not the safest thing but if you don't have air going in you can't have fuel come out

Old 06-10-2011, 08:55 PM

no, not the original paint, when I got it it was black but inside gas cap is purple. I am ordering a new one off ebay tonight. I really do think this could be my main issue as the bike runs in really hott weather, and runs great. then as soon as night comes it doesn't do anything.... I think the heat of the sun cause's the tank to build pressure and help push gas out, vise verse for night time.

If this doesn't work then there will be another F3 in the scrap yard, I'm at my ends with this bike, I have spent many many more hours working on it then riding it.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by jveach
If this doesn't work then there will be another F3 in the scrap yard.
if it goes to that extent. part it out on here. tons of people would be hitting you up..

Old 06-12-2011, 12:45 PM

haha, it's gotten personal at this point....

seeing it being thrown in a crusher would put a smile on my face....

lucky that I still have another bike in running shape right now, a ninja 500. Also have a Superhawk just waiting on a starter, gas cap, and clutch lever to get it back on the road