CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F3 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f3-17/)
-   -   fuel pump not working right(maybe) (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f3-17/fuel-pump-not-working-right-maybe-137416/)

Richard Taulbee CBR 600 F3 05-20-2012 02:31 AM

get a pump, make sure your ground is good, lines are good, and if it sputters its a carb issue... I would not ever run gravity feed, or reserve gas, you wont have to deal with a pump anymore instead you'll be dealing with carb issues all day. That's why they put the fuel pump for the fuel filter. Get a Honda pump and its fixed.

95frankenF3 05-20-2012 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Richard Taulbee CBR 600 F3 (Post 1161707)
get a pump, make sure your ground is good, lines are good, and if it sputters its a carb issue... I would not ever run gravity feed, or reserve gas, you wont have to deal with a pump anymore instead you'll be dealing with carb issues all day. That's why they put the fuel pump for the fuel filter. Get a Honda pump and its fixed.

too late now... i've reached my budget for parts on this thing.... if it doesn't work i'll have to sell the ole 6 string

95frankenF3 05-21-2012 08:06 PM

and the honda pump is $135+ shipping that i don't have... i'd also need all the hoses

colorado_steve 05-22-2012 09:09 PM

dont shot gun parts at your bike, diagnosis. check power, check ground, check fuel pressure

gravity feed will only be an issue during extended high rpm's. i have been running gravity feed for 2 years, only time i ever had a problem was when i stayed around 10k-12k for 25-30 seconds. stay out of extended high rpms and gravity feed will be able to keep up

95frankenF3 05-22-2012 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by colorado_steve (Post 1162636)
dont shot gun parts at your bike, diagnosis. check power, check ground, check fuel pressure

gravity feed will only be an issue during extended high rpm's. i have been running gravity feed for 2 years, only time i ever had a problem was when i stayed around 10k-12k for 25-30 seconds. stay out of extended high rpms and gravity feed will be able to keep up

gravity feed won't work on mine period... i have to run tests of the ignition system at this time anyways

ReconnaisanceMan 05-24-2012 09:37 AM

The stock fuel pump when operating normally won't pump until you crank the bike over a bit. Then it will supply fuel on demand.

I had doubts about mine so I added a clear window filter after the pump so I can monitor fuel flow.

If you bypass the relay, do it exactly as shown in the manual. Short jumper wire is all you need. Yes, you can permanently bypass the relay. Mine was missing but I found a cycle salvage place and bought a replacement for $15.

My '96 F3 will also run on gravity feed (field repair when the pump went out) but I didn't test it wide open. That bike is scary-fast.

95frankenF3 05-25-2012 07:23 PM

i jacked a working relay off of a junk bike and it works like it's supposed... need to go through the carbs now

jblair626 03-20-2014 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by siberiancbr (Post 1154688)

How did you get that budlight can on your bike?

jblair626 03-20-2014 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by 95frankenF3 (Post 1163447)
i jacked a working relay off of a junk bike and it works like it's supposed... need to go through the carbs now

How did you know it was a working relay. Did you check continuity? or just take it and plug it in and see if it works