CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

First Ride!!! Questions- Pix, Screws, mirrors, pegs, cleaning, temp gauge

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 02:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Ride!!! Questions- Pix, Screws, mirrors, pegs, cleaning, temp gauge

Alrighty guys i appreciate all the other answers to my other questions... so yesterday i got my bike and i didnt get to ride it... too late, but i rode the hell out of it today!!!! took me less than 5 minutes to get my feet up. another 5 and i was cruisin in 2nd, my turning was shaky at first but later in the day i got up more speed and experienced countersteering for the first time.. little freaky not gonna lie!! I can tell you one thing though... it will be hard to get me to wear my helmet all the time... i feel like a geek... but whatever i will. Ok soo onto the questions... 1. Pictures- i took some pix today and i cant get them to upload for my avatar, it said it was too large. It is a .jpg file and is quite large but i resized it but i guess it didn't make the file any smaller. so i dont know how to do that, any help is appreciated. 2. Screws- i am missing some screws for the body pannels and little stuff like that, i was wondering if there is a screw kit i can get from somewhere. if not i will just have to scrounge the hardware store to find what i need. 3. Mirrors- ok so one of my mirrors was already brok and the other has scratches... do i go OEM and pay out the but... or do i go aftermarket, and pay out the but for two mirrors... haha and if soo what is a good brand, company, look??? 4- ok the owner before me dropped it and there is some rash on the right side, the right peg mount is broken on the weld and it makes the peg feel like its gonna fall off... i found one on ebay for $60... but i also have a welder....... is it aluminum or steel? if its steel i will just weld it!!! haha also i could upgrade pegs... is it worth it? 5- Ok also when he dropped it, it was because of tar on the road... i know this because there is tar all over the bike... i got out my brake cleaner and read the back and it says harmful to blah blah plastic... what should i use to get this tar off my bike??? 6- finally... my temperature gauge... ok i rode for a bit today and its kinda chilli still here in illinois 40 degrees mabey... so it took a little while for it to warm up. but after i got done riding for a little bit i noticed the guage was at a little past half of the guage... more like three quarters... is this normal, too hott, or what? thanks guys!! any other questions i will make sure to keep to myself!!!hahahaha naw i'll ask.
thanks again
Ben

Old 03-06-2007, 03:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: First Ride!!! Questions- Pix, Screws, mirrors, pegs, cleaning, temp gauge

Keep up the good work, you will be a hoon in no time. Keep your helemt on, especially since your still learning, if you fell like a geek now, imagine how much of geek you will feel with half your face off or your grey matter all over the road. You can use the computer to shrink the size of pics down to the right size to up load, you can use "paint" but its clumsy, or there are free sites on line that will shrink em down to fit. as for OEM parts, depends on wot is availible to you, you guys seem to have a terrific amount of aftermarket stuff there. My temp gauge only goes up about half way and thats in traffic, but the level they go up varies from bike to bike, and as long as its not in the red zone all's ok, check your coolant levels from the resevoir bottle on the right hand side of the bike, other reasons for a high temp could be old coolant, and maybe it needs a change sometime in the future
You can use auto polish to get tar off, or a bit of metho & water can work as well, good luck, enjoy yourself and wear your bloody helmet.

Old 03-06-2007, 03:41 AM
Default RE: First Ride!!! Questions- Pix, Screws, mirrors, pegs, cleaning, temp gauge

Haha thanks pace hahaha i needed that.. ok sorry for postin the same message on two boards but i have alot of other people who wanted to see the pix too but i know you guys will too... here they are.... enjoy

Pix

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t199/xcrusader12/pixandbike066.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t199/xcrusader12/me.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t199/xcrusader12/pixandbike064.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t199/xcrusader12/pixandbike062.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t199/xcrusader12/pixandbike071.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t199/xcrusader12/pixandbike068.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t199/xcrusader12/pixandbike067.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t199/xcrusader12/pixandbike070.jpg -----favorite pic

yeah first day.... .haha can ya tell by that one pic that looks like i am pooping my pants while riding!! haha

Old 03-06-2007, 04:06 AM

one more question for now... my throttle doesn't snap back like i think it should.... it slowly goes back, which kinda makes it a little interesting when you shift, if you dont make it a point to get off the throttle then it revs up... kinda dangerous i guess.. .yeah it is... anyways what can i do to either make it snappy or whatever thanks guys

Old 03-06-2007, 05:30 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

on teh bar end on your throttle side the screw that holds that on you can adjust it from there... atleast when my throttle sticks i mess with that screw and it works fine

Old 03-06-2007, 08:36 AM

Nice! I have the same exact bike, color, etc. Had it for about 2 weeks now and loving every minute of it. My temp goes up to about 3/4 in traffic, but god knows how old the coolant in it is. Already did an oil change and cleaned/lubed the chain. Coolant flush and replacing the chain are next on my list of to-do's. Enjoy! (and ALWAYS wear your helmet!)[sm=goodidea.gif]

Old 03-06-2007, 08:38 AM

By the way, if you haven't taken the MSF class, you should give it a shot. Best $190 i've ever spent. I probably would have already hurt myself if I hadn't taken that class!

Old 03-06-2007, 01:27 PM

nice bike . don't get crazy on spending yet get the basics get some oem mirrors most after market mirrors i seen you cant see jack behind u ,some oem on ebay you can get the inch shorter version run for like 40 bucks , if you dont already invest in a nice jacket gear is cheaper than skin . most accidents happen in the first 5 mins of riding so if u plan on praticin please get a helmet n like someone said msf course .you can get most parts from ebay full bolt set all that or go to pep boys get some zip ties .

thing to do, tune your suspension you can do it yourself with the manual but i go to the shop they have a chart n its like 35 bucks ,oil change filter change, check your airfilter,get engine ice flush your coolant , you may also want to get your carbs checked to get them synched the bike has 8000 miles so the carbs may be good clean wise.

all other cosmetics save your money incase of any spills just check all bolts n screws make sure they are tight . theres something called bug n tar off they sell at car spots it wont harm the plastics u just put it on a cloth n wipe off no washing or anything

Old 03-07-2007, 03:12 PM

How about taking the MSF class before you do anything else?

http://www.msf-usa.org/

The money spent on this class will benefit you more than anything else at this point.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:03 PM

pro-bolt makes a kit for your fairings. Comes with all the bolts needed to replace the stock bolts and they come in all sorts of anodized colors.

Quick Reply: First Ride!!! Questions- Pix, Screws, mirrors, pegs, cleaning, temp gauge