CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

First post is a no start!! Gotta love it!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 05:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First post is a no start!! Gotta love it!

Hi everyone. Just looking if i could possibly get some help on my new purchase. I just bought a 95 600 f3. Got it home and started it up. Ran like a dream. Over the next week or so i started her up and drove her down the street a few times. Then a few days ago i try to start her and itsa no go. I knew my battery was junk so i went and bought one. Still no start. So i tried spraying carb cleaner. Sputtere a little but still no start. Finally i just bought new plugs and gapped and installed them thinking it would solve my problem. Guess what! still no start. So now i have the carbs out and am cleaning them thinking this will solve my problems. But i am wondering. I know i have spark. The pump is working. It gets fuel up to the rail at least. But is there a way to see that the fuel is going into the cylinders? Any other possible causes? I should have the carbs back in today but they really didnt lookbad at all. I let the slow jets soak in carb cleaner so they should be good. Also there is no blockage in the fuel filter. I already checked. Thanks for any info and i hope i get some help. I really wanna ride this weekend coming up.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Default RE: First post is a no start!! Gotta love it!

I sure this will be solved by the riders on the club. I hope so, because I needed to right the same exact post. I to got a 96 F3, same as you started it up, rode it around the block, then one morning a no start, but a hell of a lot of backfire. Took air box apart, notice the filter wasn't that bad, cleaned that. Blew some compressed air though out the carbs, but still a no start.

I read a post when I did a search, is have the battery fully charge, WOT the throttle and just keep cranking it until it starts. The post writer did as the responsing poster said doan it started up after about two minutes. Going to do this when I get home tonight and see what happens.

The bike was starting up fine and one day nothing.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:29 AM

If you guys touched the idle adjusting screw in any way, it will not start for its life. Did you guys go through the trouble shooting steps? Check if you're getting fuel, then check spark, then pull a plug and check its spark. Our motor's designs are premitive and only have so many options for it not to run. I took my whole bike apart and it sat for 5 months like that. Motor outside, carbs inside under my bed. Everything ran perfect before I took it apart, but when I put it back together without touching any of the adjustments, it wouldn't start for ****. I bought new plugs, new gas and everything but still didn't start. I check everything including the RR to fuses. That reminds me, hopefully you guys checked your fuses. Anyways, it turned out that even though I didn't touch my idle adjusting screw, it was wayyyyy off. The way I adjusted it was, I tighted it all the way, then slowly worked my way back. If this doesn't help, then I don't know what to say. =/. Try it and let me know.

-Jasper

Old 03-03-2008, 10:43 AM

Am i correct in thinking that the slow jets may have gotten plugged over a few days because there was fuel in the area that the floats are? Anymore ideas? Thanks again

Old 03-03-2008, 08:25 PM

nope, didn't touch any, but the battery all of a sudden started draining, hearing the weak crank. Put the battery tender on it and the battery woudn't hold the charge. Try to jump start with my bike, all I crank, crank, backfire, crank crank backfire.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:29 PM

Buy a new bike lol Gota love it

Old 03-06-2008, 01:39 PM

I posted the exact same problem... I did new plugs, new battery, carb cleaning, got spark, got fuel to the carbs, but no go.

Bike fires and runs if I spray fuel into them, but only runs as long as I spray.

Looks like this is a common problem with the number of posts - so I hope it's something easy!

Rabin