CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

First bike 97 cbr 600 f3

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 02:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys.. i tried to start my bike the other day and the battery was dead,. i bought a new battery when i got the bike and had to add the water to it myself (it came with it) but i put it in and it worked after that. im wondering if i should have charged it first. i charged it now its working but im not sure if its going to happen again and maybe my rectifier regulator is bad

Old 10-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brian0108
thanks guys.. i tried to start my bike the other day and the battery was dead,. i bought a new battery when i got the bike and had to add the water to it myself (it came with it) but i put it in and it worked after that. im wondering if i should have charged it first. i charged it now its working but im not sure if its going to happen again and maybe my rectifier regulator is bad
mmm there's a lot of "say what?" in there.
now correct me if i am wrong, but most of these batteries are no maintenance, which means you add acid, then cap it forever.

usually you never add water to those.

after you must charge it, until its at around 13v.
if your battery dies after that, then it is likely your charging system somewhere on your bike is faulty, likely your r/r