CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Finally got my first bike!! Pics inside!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 07:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Initial impressions... that bike needs a LOT of work, but it sounds like you got a hell of a deal and it'll prob be a great experience for you.

The subframe can be dealt with, so don't get discouraged... I'd worry about getting her running right and getting rear brakes going and then worry about the cosmetic stuff. She's got potential!! But right now it's looking like a long road back from hell from that bike. hehehe

Old 05-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbear
Initial impressions... that bike needs a LOT of work, but it sounds like you got a hell of a deal and it'll prob be a great experience for you.

The subframe can be dealt with, so don't get discouraged... I'd worry about getting her running right and getting rear brakes going and then worry about the cosmetic stuff. She's got potential!! But right now it's looking like a long road back from hell from that bike. hehehe
Its not too discouraging I guess. This is just my first bike project and know absolutely nothing so its kind of overwhelming right now. We just keep finding more and more wrong with the bike. But I know its all fixable. My Crx I've got now has come a long way from when I got it. Alot of my friends thought I was wasting my time with it, but now they are jealous of how clean it is (on the inside for now).

Pics of what we found under the tank and seat are uploading on the comp now. So should be up in a few minutes!!

Old 05-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Old 05-04-2010, 11:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy fudge nuts... what did he do to get the subframe like that?? Maybe you'd be better off trying to get a late model subframe cheap off ebay and try your hand at fabbing something new up... maybe an 06 rr?? Seems like it might not be much more work than you have coming there...

Good luck dude! Keep us updated! Everyone is super helpful here, so let us know when you get stuck.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:51 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

words can not describe

Old 05-05-2010, 08:23 PM

Little update. We got the carbs cleaned and back together. We were going to bolt it back up and see if that helped with me losing power at about 4k RPM but decided while we have the bike apart we would go ahead with the wiring. We cut ALOT of the wiring out and going to start fresh. I'm either going to search craigslist for a cheap harness or we will sit down this wkend and make one.

Originally Posted by spicymeowmix
words can not describe
I know... Its bad lol...

Originally Posted by chuckbear
Holy fudge nuts... what did he do to get the subframe like that?? Maybe you'd be better off trying to get a late model subframe cheap off ebay and try your hand at fabbing something new up... maybe an 06 rr?? Seems like it might not be much more work than you have coming there...

Good luck dude! Keep us updated! Everyone is super helpful here, so let us know when you get stuck.
Ya I'm thinking RR tail. Not sure which one. I found a few bike kind of close getting parted out on CL so its a matter of what I can get for cheap. I'm really trying to maintain a $500 budget or so on getting this bike running and looking somewhat better.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by karsonsdaddy
Ya I'm thinking RR tail. Not sure which one. I found a few bike kind of close getting parted out on CL so its a matter of what I can get for cheap. I'm really trying to maintain a $500 budget or so on getting this bike running and looking somewhat better.
check over on 600rr.net in the for sale section. alot of rashed and repairable plastics going for reasonable. (alot of guys race) not as great of guys as here but alot of 600rr parts

Old 05-08-2010, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by willduce
check over on 600rr.net in the for sale section. alot of rashed and repairable plastics going for reasonable. (alot of guys race) not as great of guys as here but alot of 600rr parts
awesome... I will def check it out. I found that forum when I found this one awhile back but never really followed the threads like I do here.

A little update. We got the bike running. We pulled the carbs apart and everything was surprisingly clean. We went ahead and blew everything out and put it back together and stil had problems. So we took the ram air out and stuffed a shirt in one of the intake tubes. Fired it up and she rides almost perfect now. It still wants to choke out higher in the rpms but I can go faster than 45 lol.

We've still got alot of wiring to clean up but it's drivable. We moved the fan switch under the seat by the battery until we get the gauge wired back up. Probably going to go ahead and get a whole new wiring harness and start over. The harness on it now is just so chewed up.

My wife and son are in Chicago for the week and she's got my camera so pics will be up probably Sunday night.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:44 AM

Looks like a fun project, keep it up!

As far as you losing power in the higher rpm's as well as the initial problem of you losing power at 4k, you should take out the air solenoid. I noticed in one of the pics that it's still in there. It's got 3 tubes connected to it and it sits right behind your airbox.

If you take that out and reroute the tube on the left of the airbox directly into the carbs that may solve your problem.

keep us posted

Old 06-03-2010, 06:22 AM

Thanks for that info! I am going to pull the bike back apart sometime soon to swap the wiring harness. I found one on ebay for 80 bucks and it's about a 45 min ride from me! So when the bike is apart I will see what exactly my bike mechanic buddy did lol. I'm pretty much on my own now, things went down hill with my friend and me. His helping me out with the bike went from "dont worry about it you are my friend and want you to ride with us" to " well I did put about 6 hours into your bike, a shop would charge you crazy money so what can we work out". And of course he didn't even mention money until the bike was done lol... Oh well, if I can figure a car out I'm sure I can get this bike right with all you guys' tips and support!!!