CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Fairing kits from Japan

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fairing kits from Japan

Anyone know the site for the japan honda where u can order complete fairing sets for sport bikes? i know you can order a whole set shipped for 300$ i had the site before, n i know youll need a sypher to decode the caligraphy cause its striaght up jap jap ... if anyone has a link or knows this site please post, thanks in advance

Old 01-24-2010, 02:07 AM

well i know they sell them on ebay, i wanted to know if anyone has got them and could tell about the quality of them.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator
Received 497 Likes on 449 Posts

I haven't seen any reports on fairings specifically from Japan, but I've seen plenty from China. Just search the F3 forum for the word China. Plenty of reviews and photo's

Old 01-24-2010, 09:27 AM

i would like to know about them also as on ebay they have the red bull plastic for the 98 f3. thats what i want

Old 01-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a whole thread dedicated to the entire install process with pics and all for CHINA ones.
check it out.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:40 PM

can you put up a direct link to it spicy?

Old 01-26-2010, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Craig84
can you put up a direct link to it spicy?
https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthrea...ight=honk+kong

have at it

Old 01-29-2010, 10:29 AM

I had the seven star fairing set a couple years back, and if they didn't change the material they used, then they are cheap and will start to warp by the exhaust pipe. The paint will easy scratch, when I was installing them, the allen key fell out my hand and it put a long scar on it. Then when you ride any type of road debri will chip it up very quickly too.

I took it off and sold it for way less than what I paid for it, $600.00 including shipping and sold it for $200.00 in a 3 month period.

Since I did the 97-98 upgrade I keep the tail section and took the front OEM and got it painted.

I would stay it is not worth it, THATS if they sell using the same materials when I got my. I would say it would be cheaper sticking with OEM, shop around on ebay and buy pieces here and there and the part are OEM and get is painted to your likings.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by njdjh2o
I had the seven star fairing set a couple years back, and if they didn't change the material they used, then they are cheap and will start to warp by the exhaust pipe. The paint will easy scratch, when I was installing them, the allen key fell out my hand and it put a long scar on it. Then when you ride any type of road debri will chip it up very quickly too.

I took it off and sold it for way less than what I paid for it, $600.00 including shipping and sold it for $200.00 in a 3 month period.

Since I did the 97-98 upgrade I keep the tail section and took the front OEM and got it painted.

I would stay it is not worth it, THATS if they sell using the same materials when I got my. I would say it would be cheaper sticking with OEM, shop around on ebay and buy pieces here and there and the part are OEM and get is painted to your likings.

same stuff buddy... but i got a heads up on the heat issues.
lots of heat shielding and trimming, and i didnt have the warp problems, however the plastics are far from perfect.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by spicymeowmix
same stuff buddy... but i got a heads up on the heat issues.
lots of heat shielding and trimming, and i didnt have the warp problems, however the plastics are far from perfect.
Yes, I didn't get the heat shield tip until afterwards and yes, the fitting SUCK big time. It DO NOT lining up correctly, you have to drill your own hole for mounting. I say don't do it, shop around on ebay and go from there.

I wouldn't spend my money on that stuff again. Matter fact I purchase two set, one for my bike and one for the misses. Didn't even install the misses set after I saw how my did.

Sold them both and probably made want I spent for one set.

Like the movies Finding Nemo, remember the quails, "SWIM AWAY", ok I have kids.

Quick Reply: Fairing kits from Japan