Fairing help please

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fairing help please

hi people,
just joined the site after buying my first CBR 600 F3 t 96 the other week,
figured i would jump in at the deep end and ask for some help.

Im pretty hands on can do most work on the bike including painting, but the bike i bought for very cheap has been very well looked after but took a nice slide on one side and fell over on the other, chassis, engine, forks, bars everything either replaced or still perfect.

Fairings are the issue there all damaged and i can fix but for the time and effort was wondering if anyone knows where i can get a new set?

also atm the bike is repsol colours etc, will changing the colour affect anything (i.e resale price, insurance etc)

In total i have a fantastic bike just want it to look as nice as it sounds and goes!

Many thanks hope you can help!

will add some picks of it soon!

Kieran

Old 08-24-2012, 05:30 PM

Hi Kieran.

I'm very new here too, and was thinking about changing my fairings, but I have other more pressing things to attend to first.

The first thing I would say is go have a look at the last page of the F3 pictures thread.
It's the sticky at the top of the subforum.

There's an F3 in there, right near the end that has been re-faired in Repsol colours.

Loox very very nice.

I'm sure that member would be able to help you.

I'd say that that is a popular scheme, and you would be daft to change it if you can just renew it, but you have to make your bike your own and only you can decide what you want it to look like!

The fairings mostly come from China, and you are going to have to make them fit to a degree, but some firms provide better quality than others.
Try asking wargamesuk what he did.

Unless of course, you're loaded and can afford to approach Honda......

Welcome!

Old 08-24-2012, 06:04 PM

Keep an eye on ebay... Not sure how big Craigslist is in your area / UK, but you see them as low as $600 round here, for a full set when people change them out..

Old 08-24-2012, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by OTMRR
Keep an eye on ebay... Not sure how big Craigslist is in your area / UK, but you see them as low as $600 round here, for a full set when people change them out..
I've seen a couple complete sets on CL for around 300
You can get new fairings for 600
But from what I've read, delkevic fairings seem to fit the best compared to other Chinese fairings

Old 08-25-2012, 02:16 AM
Registered Users
Smile thanks

Unless of course, you're loaded and can afford to approach Honda......

yeah I'm looking to either replace or make my own and we'll I'm a student lol so always broke! lol cheers for the help everyone, i did have one more idea, i have the option to carbon fibre rap it then re-sticker with some simple car stickers? tacky or could look cool?

Old 08-26-2012, 03:56 AM

Isn't that strange.... I thought of vinyl wrapping mine also....

I think in today's world it would look pretty good, but personally, I would pick a colour, or several, rather than putting fake carbon on there, but each to his own.

As for making your own..... if you do, then please, make a thread.

I'd like to see that.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:25 AM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by VEXD
Isn't that strange.... I thought of vinyl wrapping mine also....

I think in today's world it would look pretty good, but personally, I would pick a colour, or several, rather than putting fake carbon on there, but each to his own.

As for making your own..... if you do, then please, make a thread.

I'd like to see that.

yeah that would be cool i never even thought about different colours (didn't know you could get others) just thought it would be carbon black with say white cbr stickers etc. but another colour could be cool!

although after closer looking yesterday I'm not sure how well the tank would wrap due to all the angles in it!

But hell if i do, i will make a build thread for it because I've not seen one on here. just encase anyone likes the idea!

Old 08-26-2012, 04:41 AM
Registered Users

vexd...

Also just found this, on youtube looks not that bad to do really!

Old 08-26-2012, 08:32 AM

I am having mine vinyl wrapped like the idea and it can be removed leaving a clean surface for painting if I so desire. I ordered unpainted fairings from Delkevic.

Working with them with my theme I am going with should look good I hope. Cost about 15 dollars per sq ft.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Registered Users

right i just ordered the vinyl wrap! gonna do it myself (should be fine) doing over the top of the old fairings after sanding them down etc, going to be white with black decals if i can find all the decals from the uk! will add pics as i go along!

Quick Reply: Fairing help please