CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

F3 fairing conversion (either RR or R1)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 12:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F3 fairing conversion (either RR or R1)

Hello all, I have looked around and seen someone do a R1 fairing conversion on his F3 and also another user has done F4i conversion.

I plan to only do the front as I like the side fairings and the back fairings (plan to change the back lights though).

My question is, which is easiest RR or R1 and which can be done without modifying the F3 frame? I don't want to change the frame.

I was thinking of buying fiberglass fairings as most of them include the side as well, hopefully this will help with fitment as I can trim it to fit the F3 side fairing easier?

I also understand I need smaller gauges as I don't want to cut/trim the original. Apparently F4i gauges are easy to fit and connect (with the exception of needing a 1998 RR temp sensor), but will the connectors from the F4i gauges still connect to the headlight from either RR or R1? (as I would need the headlight along with the fairing of choice).

Cheers.

Old 09-20-2017, 01:37 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Tough question to answer. Neither were designed to fit the F3, but with enough time, money, parts, and fabrication skills I'm sure either could be made to fit.

Do the one that you like better and have a source for parts for. But having a Honda, it would probably be best to stick to Honda and do an RR or F4/i.

If it were up to me, I'd just get the bike you want it to look like. Kidding.... sort of.

Old 09-20-2017, 01:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 74demon
Tough question to answer. Neither were designed to fit the F3, but with enough time, money, parts, and fabrication skills I'm sure either could be made to fit.

Do the one that you like better and have a source for parts for. But having a Honda, it would probably be best to stick to Honda and do an RR or F4/i.

If it were up to me, I'd just get the bike you want it to look like. Kidding.... sort of.
Was thinking the same and doing RR or F4i. I totally get what you mean by just buying the bike I want it to look like, it's just I've fallen in love with the F3 except the front, you really can tell it's a 90s bike with the big *** headlight.

This is more as an opportunity than anything, currently need to choose a project to complete for college and this is something I have wanted to do to the bike for awhile now.

I'd just prefer not to change the frame in anyway unless it bolts to any existing holes, as if I screw it up I can always just put the bike back to how it is/try another fairing.

Old 09-21-2017, 06:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the looks of F2's & F3's even though they look a little dated. I guess because they ARE ! Ha ha, but have you thought about race fairings. I think race fairing really transform the bike a whole bunch. The solo race tail with small tail light added & a race upper with maybe one of those endurance racing headlight on one side would look pretty friggin awesome on the street.