CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

F3 Engine Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is nice. Im interested in the HP numbers. Ive been slowly putting my motor together.

Falcon crank
carrilo rods
Je Pistons
Decked, ported, polished head
stainless valves
Hrc cams
Titanium retainers
Kibblewhite springs
Ape cam sprockets
Ape cct
Comectic Head gasket
No flywheel
Factory pro shift kit

I would like to see 115 or so at the wheels.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:06 PM

The one sensor that was keeping me from starting the bike came by UPS last night. I'm doing the F4I gauge conversion and you need one from a 900rr for the temp to read right. Yes I could have put the F3 one in just to start it. I didn't want the chance of breaking it off trying to get it back out. Hoping to get it started this weekend. After that it tuning for close to max power band.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob65
This is nice. Im interested in the HP numbers. Ive been slowly putting my motor together.

Falcon crank
carrilo rods
Je Pistons
Decked, ported, polished head
stainless valves
Hrc cams
Titanium retainers
Kibblewhite springs
Ape cam sprockets
Ape cct
Comectic Head gasket
No flywheel
Factory pro shift kit

I would like to see 115 or so at the wheels.
I thought mine was going to spin up like crazy. You lightened your crank and took off the flywheel. That's at least 4 lbs off the crank total.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cgmiller83
The one sensor that was keeping me from starting the bike came by UPS last night. I'm doing the F4I gauge conversion and you need one from a 900rr for the temp to read right. Yes I could have put the F3 one in just to start it. I didn't want the chance of breaking it off trying to get it back out. Hoping to get it started this weekend. After that it tuning for close to max power band.
So does this mean your gonna do the inline t or just replace the f3 with the 900rr

Old 03-03-2011, 12:20 PM

When I took the motor apart I was able to get the F3 sensor out no problems. So I'm going to put the 900rr sensor in the stock F3 location.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by cgmiller83
I thought mine was going to spin up like crazy. You lightened your crank and took off the flywheel. That's at least 4 lbs off the crank total.
Ive still got the starter assembly, just no Flywheel or stator. I know when I did the same mod to my stock motor it made the thing spin up very fast.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:38 AM

Well she is running. I forgot how much exhaust wrap smokes when started for the first time. You just touch the throttle with the lightened crank and watch the rpms climb. Now that's it start was thinking about going to get it dyno Monday. Then I remember the shop closed Sunday and Monday. Damn Indiana laws.

Old 04-03-2011, 03:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should make a video at some point and do a ride around

Old 04-04-2011, 04:35 PM

Well Sunday and today the weather been crap. I have to finish mocking up the radiator brackets. With 1000rr race bodywork the radiator has to be pushed back some to clear.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:10 AM

Had a track day this last weekend. The bike has alot of power but i don't have hard numbers yet. Wasn't the best time at the track. Saturday started out with a wet track but not enough to put the rains on. After the first session it dried up but was still a cold track. Sucking the heat out of the slicks. Was trying to see what it was wanting to do all morning. The first session after lunch turned into a bad one. The lap just before the crash, the front end just didn't feel right at all. Was coming back around to pitout and crash. The bike just didn't want to turn. Went off track and with all the rain forget it. Ended up getting pinned under the bike. Well after they got it off of me and back in the pits. Checked the front tire pressure and it was losing air. The valve stem had ruptured. Minor damage to the bike. Broken clutch lever, shift rod, and the new 1000rr bodywork was cracked.

When I got home found my spare parts and got it back together. Ended up not going Sunday, to much bad weather and my knee was hurting from being pinned. I lucked out that a frame bracket just put a hole in the suit and not my knee.

Quick Reply: F3 Engine Rebuild