CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

F3 China fairings?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 02:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy F3 China fairings?

Hey guys im relatively new to this forum and have a 98 red CBR F3. Unfortunately my friend dropped my bike at low speeds(right side on ground) and now i need to replace what looks to be a brake lever, foot peg, turn signals and of course the fairings. Ive seen some on ebay but i was wondering if any of you veteran owners can give me recommendations on where i can get new dependable fairings? All i know is on ebay. Hows the fitment? Also is there any shops in the states that carries full kits?

thanks guys i really appreciate your help!hope to hear from you guys/girls

Old 12-02-2010, 07:56 AM

you get what you pay for, i would NOT buy any ebay fairing kits. buy what you need from www.sharkskinz.com or www.airtech-streamlining.com

Old 12-02-2010, 11:53 AM

I have bought fairings from those Chinese people not once but twice and i am 100% satisfied. Of course, you get what you pay for but you only pay $500 and you can get brand new fairings. Let me know if you need some. I can hook you up! I know this guy who sells them

Old 12-02-2010, 11:56 AM

There's a few guys on here that have used the China fairings. From what I remember most of them had fitment problems. Had to make the mounting holes larger because of not lining up right. Doesn't mean they wont fit, just be ready for some extra work. Never know their mount brackets could have been bent some.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:05 PM

THANKS for the quick reply guys!

Colorado_steve: yeah definitely you get what you pay but but my budget is real low. Ive seen the airtech site before but i couldnt find a complete regular kits only the race ones with no headlight holes. Id actually prefer locally or at least in the states rather than ship from china, its more sketch imo.

Superlund: Which ebay user did you use? How was the fitment and can you link me or refer me to your friend?

cgmiller83: That is exactly what im afraid of, having to drill things etc, even worse i saw once on this forum was that the pieces had gaps between each other.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Banned

here is some quality fairings some are expensive but for my 99 cbr900rr a repsol fairing kit is only 700 bucks and there quality. www.nicecycle.com and www.myfairings.com

Old 12-02-2010, 05:48 PM

sweet! how was the fitment and do you have any pictures i can look at? This is about 300 more than the china ones but i like the safety factor that this business is within the states!

Old 12-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Banned

they are good fairings they are on most of the bikes on sport bike magazines bikes they are good. i am going to put them on next year this year is mods and upkeep on things i gotta do the valves,carbs jetted and synced, new tires,and some other things that are over 2g's so its going to have to wait. but from what ive seen they are some of the best out there the one site is for custom paint and can be expensive because it takes 60hrs to do the paint on them

Old 12-02-2010, 11:40 PM

i like those sites - although the gas tank looks a little iffy for the f3 repsol edition. that would be kinda cool to have. And i need a bottom left lower on the other 1000 and it only says full left fairing. I assume that means the glossy part too which i dont need. 319 bucks, i just want the flat black plastic part, anyone know if they do super specific orders?

Old 12-03-2010, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by revilingfool
i like those sites - although the gas tank looks a little iffy for the f3 repsol edition. that would be kinda cool to have. And i need a bottom left lower on the other 1000 and it only says full left fairing. I assume that means the glossy part too which i dont need. 319 bucks, i just want the flat black plastic part, anyone know if they do super specific orders?
I believe nicecycle.com does i gave them a call earlier. Its not posted on their site but if you give them a call theyre willing to work out something.

Quick Reply: F3 China fairings?