CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

DynoJet Kit Vs Factory Pro Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DynoJet Kit Vs Factory Pro Kit

Hi Everyone,

Have purchased an 1997 F3 (50000km) a few weeks ago and am planning to give her some serious TLC. Should mention i am from AUS but alot of this information i lacking when trying to search with in AUS.

Long story short i am going to rebuild the carbs and put a Jet Kit in. My question is, are the Dyno Jet Kits better than the Factory Pro Tri Pro Kit?

My reading indicates to go the Tri Pro kit (Factory Pro) over the standard one as give more performance but after some real life information.

Notice alot of people have jet kits installed and would love to hear some experiences?

Cheers,

Phil

Old 05-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Factory pro is supposed to have a great kit, with the best needles.
However, I installed a DynoJet kit because the instructions and support was bar none. I am not talented in the delicate procedures in installing a jet kit, and DYNOjet walked me through every step.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:15 AM

I agree with spicy i put the dyno jet kit in my bike and the instructions where very good the only problem i had was when i got it back together it would have a stall at like 4k rpm well being I drag race my bike and i need all the power i can get i had to tare down the carbs 3 times to move the cotter pin on the baffle needle to get it tuned rite, because down in louisiana we have alot of humidity and its always hot and the manufacture instructions are set up for a more northern atmosphere, that and i have a shorty exhaust, so thats less back pressure, anyway i love the dyno jet its a good product IF everything is set rite. but that goes for any jet kit

Old 05-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by "HONDA_BABY"
I agree with spicy i put the dyno jet kit in my bike and the instructions where very good the only problem i had was when i got it back together it would have a stall at like 4k rpm well being I drag race my bike and i need all the power i can get i had to tare down the carbs 3 times to move the cotter pin on the baffle needle to get it tuned rite, because down in louisiana we have alot of humidity and its always hot and the manufacture instructions are set up for a more northern atmosphere, that and i have a shorty exhaust, so thats less back pressure, anyway i love the dyno jet its a good product IF everything is set rite. but that goes for any jet kit

I'm in AL, and the humidity is pretty crazy here as well... what exactly did you do to your needles? Move the washer?

Old 05-24-2010, 12:33 AM

Ive got the factory ti pro kit in my 93 gsxr750, and a dynojet stage 3 in my F3.

The factory pro kit is so much nicer,better quality. MOre durable.

Ive busted 2 idle jets of the dyno jet. THey are very brittle.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:52 AM

I recently put a Factory Pro stage 1 kit on my F3. No problems at all with it - the instructions sheets were a bit confusing at first, this being my first time jetting a bike, but I got it figured out. Don't have experience with the dynojet though.

The Factory Pro kit comes with some hex cap bolts for the slide covers; I would also recommend buying some hex cap bolts (12x - 5x16mm) for the float bowl side. This makes opening them up much easier if you need to change jets or clean it again.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by spicymeowmix
I'm in AL, and the humidity is pretty crazy here as well... what exactly did you do to your needles? Move the washer?
ok if you done this mod with dyno jet than you know about the big needles that go through the big black caps on the side of the carbs, haha easy way to discribe it lol well there is a C clip and a washer on the needle and a bunch of notches what this does when you move it a notch down it allows more air into the mixture air/fuel ratio but to much air you got a problem to less air you got a problem so i just had to tinker with it untill i got the stall out of it. before at the track i was running 12.2 in the quarter now im at 11.3 and i still havent streched my bike yet to get a real good start if you get it set up rite you will notice a difference but you also have to change your air filter and i put a shorty 2 brothers exhaust system less back pressure along with the jets and my bike beats alot of new 600s

Old 05-24-2010, 04:52 AM

Ok cool. I am going to order the Factory Pro Tri Pro kit. I was also wondering if a better air filter such as a K&N is worth it?

Lots of people saying they are waist of time.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:15 AM

Well they clearly let more air in because the jet kits recommend a bigger main jet if you have a filter vs just aftermarket exhaust.

The filter in my bike was all dirty when I got it, and I got one for $10 on ebay. I put it in at the same time as I jetted my bike so I can't say if it alone did me any good.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:14 AM

the K&N air filter is a great filter when you put a jet kit on the bike because it allows a lot more air to pass through the filter than any factory filter does only bad part about the K&N is that you HAVE TO OIL AND CLEAN PROPERLY at least every oil change if not than your defeating the purpose if you don't oil it rite than all you doing is sucking dirt into your motor. the reason you might hear bad things about this filter is because its not made for off road at all it sucks to much dirt in and you have problems that's when its best to go with UNI foam filter but as far as having K&N i never had a problem and Ive noticed a difference on my bike before and after i put the jet kit in. remember
the more fuel you dump the more air you need put to much of both than the more fire you need and bigger exhaust basic components of a motor at least thats my theory dont quote me on it.

Quick Reply: DynoJet Kit Vs Factory Pro Kit