CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F3 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f3-17/)
-   -   died at lights (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f3-17/died-lights-150651/)

dec11 01-22-2014 06:54 AM

died at lights

Sat at lights in 1st with clutch pulled in tight and she suddenly conked out. Tried to re-start straight away in 1st with clutch in, 15secs or turning over but no go. Wheeled to the side of the road and after 10sec turning over she fired up.

Fault side stand sensor, or any number of things?

My 929 blade did this a few times and that's what it turned out to be

freddieb 01-23-2014 04:48 PM

hi, I had a similar problem a week ago and a couple of times before that (cbr600 f3). turned out to be carb icing. the cool temperature with high humidity was causing the problem (it's been 2 to 8 degrees when it happened to me (here in the England at the moment).
search carb icing / carb icing charts in google and see if it matches what your experiencing.
may not be the issue but probably worth checking out before pulling the bike apart :)

dec11 01-24-2014 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by freddieb (Post 1263209)
hi, I had a similar problem a week ago and a couple of times before that (cbr600 f3). turned out to be carb icing. the cool temperature with high humidity was causing the problem (it's been 2 to 8 degrees when it happened to me (here in the England at the moment).
search carb icing / carb icing charts in google and see if it matches what your experiencing.
may not be the issue but probably worth checking out before pulling the bike apart :)

Yeah, I'm in Dublin mate so same weather. I noticed quite a blow out on the headers y'day so I'm assuming that isn't helping matters either! Off to the scrapyard for a set and see what happens from there.

jackojeff 01-28-2014 09:33 AM

up here in manchester been on my bike every day even in a sleet storm :) and no carb icing evident here.

if im right carb icing is only evident at around -5.

sounds like side stand switch i had that happen or could be crud in your carbs or your fuel pump i would start at the side stand personally

and i had 2 out of 4 header pipes with blown gaskets and it still ran but a little rich

dec11 01-29-2014 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by jackojeff (Post 1263512)
up here in manchester been on my bike every day even in a sleet storm :) and no carb icing evident here.

if im right carb icing is only evident at around -5.

sounds like side stand switch i had that happen or could be crud in your carbs or your fuel pump i would start at the side stand personally

and i had 2 out of 4 header pipes with blown gaskets and it still ran but a little rich

Yeah, I reckon my blow out is the main prob, it's quite sizable. I've never heard of Hondas suffering carb icing, just kawis

jackojeff 01-30-2014 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by dec11 (Post 1263578)
Yeah, I reckon my blow out is the main prob, it's quite sizable. I've never heard of Hondas suffering carb icing, just kawis

ran at anglesey circuit in march last year it was snowing then with wind chill was something like -2 obviously removed the carb heating system on my race bike and never had a problem if you think of how close the carbs are to the engine and the angle they are on they get some heat from the block which is negligible at normal temps but not at -2

Kingsnake 01-31-2014 03:58 AM

I've had a similar problem with the ignition doing the same thing caused by loose conectors turning the bike off, I found just turning the bike off and on with the key sorted it until I could get round to fixing it properly.