CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

custom exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kingyeddi
If I were you I'd chop it!! you could always run the can chopped/shorty with a short midpipe and say **** the bracket...
i like your thinking!!!!!!

Old 01-29-2010, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by willduce
i like your thinking!!!!!!
I'm not craZy about the weak (stock) angle of my modded 2BR F/S. I'm thinkin of hacking my mid pipe to peices and get my can tucked down low.. kinda newer R6 style. I might find some examples to post up.

My current w e a k angle...

Old 01-29-2010, 08:44 PM

I found you can only cut your mid pipe about 2 inches otherwise the angle will be off and it won't clear the swingarm. I wanted to go a few more inches but didn't want to get another mid pipe custom made. I can't cut my can anymore unless I take my micron tag off. I only got 3/4 inch on each end of the tag. Pretty short haha

Old 01-30-2010, 04:18 PM

well i got all the rest of the parts from my buddy -- midpipe, springs, clamp + rubber....

ive done a quick mockup with it on the bike and it looks badass! here are the small issues i have and would like some advice on. obviously as i stated before this came from a suzuki sv650s so the midpipe might not be the correct one, but it is very close and useable i believe.

anyways, upon taking off my stock exhaust, the inside of the pipe (exhaust side) that connects to the header pipe has some sort of graphite material inside of it like a ring to make it fit snuggly on the header pipe. the midpipe for the rs-3 does not have this, and does not fit snugly.

for anyone who has taken off their exhaust, the pipe that comes from the header has a lip that the exhaust bumps up to when inserted. the midpipe for the rs-3 can fit around that lip and probably be tightened snugly, but that doesnt seem like the right thing to do. i also notice the midpipe on the rs-3 has slits cut in the end as to lead me to believe it can be tightened to an extreme that it would actually bend in a little bit. is that good/bad? what should i do?

also, in my test fitting, the canister is right up against the swingarm. infact, it scratched it some. i think this is due to the wrong midpipe? what it seems to me is that if i could maybe increase the angle of the pipe coming from the header to point slightly more outwards that it would give the midpipe better clearance and a better angle overall. i dont know if that is do-able or not.

and finally, this one is really an issue just something i noticed as well in test fitting. it looks great from the side, but when looking from the rear its as if it kind of flares out from the bike some. not flush down the side?

anyways heres a quick pic from the test fit i did. i need some tips! i want to get this thing mounted! thanks in advance

Old 02-06-2010, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Yoshi's have a bracket that wrap around the can and attach to the mount point for our bikes, I believe. Tho nobody can positively ID my can, that's the closest bet anyone has on it.

Been trying to find a new bracket for mine as you can see its a bit tore up.

Edit:

Hmm... just noticed something on the bracket when I went to take the pic. "TBR" is stenciled on it ???
That's Two Brothers.Got 4 or 5 of those here.

Andyriot,Yosh makes all the parts you need.Just ask for the graphite gasket for THAT can.You can even order a titanium sleeve for it if you like.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kjohnson
That's Two Brothers.Got 4 or 5 of those here.

Andyriot,Yosh makes all the parts you need.Just ask for the graphite gasket for THAT can.You can even order a titanium sleeve for it if you like.
Yay! Thought it might be after finding TBR stencilled on the hanger. But any confirmation is a relief.

Gonna polish it up and replace the hanger

Old 02-06-2010, 12:10 PM

Keep the hanger,replace the rubber.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kjohnson
Keep the hanger,replace the rubber.
Got a part # or place to order the rubber from?

Old 02-06-2010, 08:15 PM

okay say i go without ordering the gasket... how bad is that? i know its not the best thing to do but i would like opinions on what would happen if i run it with a small "leak"?

Old 02-06-2010, 08:24 PM
BZL

Does anybody rock moto gp style ehxuasts? (ones that look like its just piping and short).

Quick Reply: custom exhaust?