CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

custom exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default custom exhaust?

my friend has a suzuki sv-650s that recently got some work done to it and one of the things he changed was his exhaust. so being the nice guy he is, he has given me the exhaust canister from his yoshimura rs-3 stainless slip on. i know that there is a version of this exhaust made for our bikes, but obviously not this one.

from first glance, i can already see that our stock exhaust has a tab welded on the back of it that is how it is bolted to the rear peg assembly. the rs-3 does not.

also he has only given me the canister, i dont know if he plans to give me the mid pipe as well, but i dont imagine it being the correct one anyways.

so it all comes down to, can i use this exhaust on my bike? how much has to be custom fabricated? how much can be bought? is it worth it?

*update* i will be receiving his mid pipe as well incase that changes anything i asked. i hope this is going to be a quick install??

thanks

Last edited by andyriot; 01-27-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yoshi's have a bracket that wrap around the can and attach to the mount point for our bikes, I believe. Tho nobody can positively ID my can, that's the closest bet anyone has on it.

Been trying to find a new bracket for mine as you can see its a bit tore up.

Edit:

Hmm... just noticed something on the bracket when I went to take the pic. "TBR" is stenciled on it ???

Old 01-27-2010, 03:47 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Yoshi's have a bracket that wrap around the can and attach to the mount point for our bikes, I believe. Tho nobody can positively ID my can, that's the closest bet anyone has on it.

Been trying to find a new bracket for mine as you can see its a bit tore up.

Edit:

Hmm... just noticed something on the bracket when I went to take the pic. "TBR" is stenciled on it ???
my friend with the f2 has a two brothers that he modded on the same way you were considering, and it came off another bike that wasn't a Honda.
Exactly how much of your bike is identifiable?

Old 01-27-2010, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by spicymeowmix
my friend with the f2 has a two brothers that he modded on the same way you were considering, and it came off another bike that wasn't a Honda.
Exactly how much of your bike is identifiable?
Well the sticker on the frame says "Honda"

It's not a mod. Did a bit of and that's how TBR slip ons are attached. Called TBR and can get a new muffler mount shipped for about $25. It's possible its a Two Bros sans tip. Don't really care so long as the mount works. Will risk $25 next paycheck to find out.

But for the OP, Yoshimura uses a muffler clamp as well.
COS450S8ASX is the part number for the titanium sleeve RS-3 muffler clamp to an F2 / F3. Call them and ask them for a price

Old 01-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Well the sticker on the frame says "Honda"

It's not a mod. Did a bit of and that's how TBR slip ons are attached. Called TBR and can get a new muffler mount shipped for about $25. It's possible its a Two Bros sans tip. Don't really care so long as the mount works. Will risk $25 next paycheck to find out.

But for the OP, Yoshimura uses a muffler clamp as well.
COS450S8ASX is the part number for the titanium sleeve RS-3 muffler clamp to an F2 / F3. Call them and ask them for a price
gonna throw some paint on it or leave it all shiny?
I wanna see some pix

Old 01-27-2010, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by spicymeowmix
gonna throw some paint on it or leave it all shiny?
I wanna see some pix
Gonna polish it when I go to swap the swingarm. Being a bit lazy atm (err for the last 6 months) since I've had a spare one under the couch. Just never realized how bad the rust looked till recently

Old 01-27-2010, 05:04 PM

If I were you I'd chop it!! you could always run the can chopped/shorty with a short midpipe and say **** the bracket...

Old 01-27-2010, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by kingyeddi
If I were you I'd chop it!! you could always run the can chopped/shorty with a short midpipe and say **** the bracket...
Err, weren't these your words on a shorty exhaust?

Originally Posted by kingyeddi
Mine got deeper. Also noticably louder. I like it. But I'm also an *******... Lol

Old 01-27-2010, 05:50 PM

right on bru :^D

Old 01-27-2010, 10:22 PM

Below is a picture of my F3 with the Yoshi RS-3 can. As mentioned by others it, it uses a single clamp that holds can up. Any exhaust shop can make a midpipe for you if need a custom application. A lot of the price is the fitting, not the fabrication or materials. I have done a couple custom set-up on cars and learned that using flex hose (like a dryer vent) can make you an awesome template to take in. Hope that helps.

Attached Thumbnails custom exhaust?-bike.jpg  

Quick Reply: custom exhaust?