CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Couple of race pictures from this season

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried fitting a compete 05 cbr Fairing but it just won't fit
The tail section fits right on, no problem

I did have the crash bungs grinding out but it was causing the front wheel to lift n almost caused me to crash so I cut them down to stop this.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:32 PM

Cheers for the info. Almost bought the complete set for 05 600RR. Just gonna get the tail section now.
What tyres are you using for racing?
I used Mitchelin Pilot Power 2CT for track days but found their limit fast enough.
What would you recomend?
We dont get much sun shine here in Ireland so would have to be soft enough compound and quick warm up.
Cheers.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:05 PM

I'm in the isle of man mate so think we are under the same weather systems. I use pirelli dragon supercorsas just cos I have always used pirellis n it's what I'm used to, my mate uses Michelin pilot power race tyres n they seem good too, to be honest all the modern day supersport tyres r good, the limit of them is far beyond a F3 cbr.

I had problems with the front end tucking all season n thought it was a tyre issue or me just trying too hard but j have found suspension set up is so so so important, can't stress it enough!!

Old 05-01-2009, 04:11 PM

And if u r a track day rider tyre warmers are a must have, not so much for the heat but supersport tyres only have so many heat cycles so if u can warm them up once n keep them warm it helps their life so much n stops them tearing up so badly, if ur not doing track days u shud be looking at a pirelli corsa 3 tyre, lots of grip on the street n can cope with lots of heat cycles.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by jwoody8
I'm in the isle of man mate so think we are under the same weather systems. I use pirelli dragon supercorsas just cos I have always used pirellis n it's what I'm used to, my mate uses Michelin pilot power race tyres n they seem good too, to be honest all the modern day supersport tyres r good, the limit of them is far beyond a F3 cbr.

I had problems with the front end tucking all season n thought it was a tyre issue or me just trying too hard but j have found suspension set up is so so so important, can't stress it enough!!
Thanks.
Ya, i actualy like Michelins so might try Power Race. Would you be using soft at the front and med/soft rear?
Would you also know any good places in UK for race fairings for an F3. Have been looking for a while and the only once caould find cost an arm and a leg.
Cheers.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:16 PM

Also, could you post some more pics of the bike itself.
Just wanna have a better look at the tail fairing. Just looks the biz.
So if i get sandard on for the front and 600RR'05 rear it will bolt right on?

Old 05-01-2009, 04:26 PM

Yeh mate no worries, I'm sat outside a pub right on the tt course right now having a beer on my phone but I will stick some pictures up for u tomorrow, anything specific u wanna see?

Old 05-02-2009, 02:14 AM

Just were tail and front come together and may be the picture from under the tail/subframe section.
Thanks again.
P.S. Wish i was there too :-)

Old 05-02-2009, 03:04 AM
Thumbs up

Those pictures are GREAT! It's fun to see the F3 on a track.
Looks like you know what you're doing out there :thumbsup:

Have you done something with your suspension to get it race ready?
My -97 feels a little mushy when I push it around the bends (on the road, ooops).
It could be that I'm a little too big at the moment (215lbs! Damn, I better get on the Atkins diet), and it puts a little extra strain on the whole bike.

Sorry, can't find the smileys to insert into post.

Old 05-02-2009, 04:29 AM

Well, on mine a replaiced rear shock with the one from an F4i and in the forks just thiker oil 15 and set them up for my weight and the track. Not much.

Quick Reply: Couple of race pictures from this season