CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

CBR600F3 won't start Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR600F3 won't start Help!

Ok here's the deal. I just bought a bike the other day. It ran the day before I forked the money over, the next day (needless to say) it didn't. I have quite a bit of background in automotive so I kinda know what I'm doing here. But this one has me perplexed!

Like the title says its a 97 CBR600F3
Here's what I know:
It has Spark (big bright and white)
I did a poor mans compression test and it pushes and pulls my hand while over the plug whole.
It has fuel (used both starting fluid straight through the carbs and fuel through the "now gravity fed" tank

Tested the coils/wires according to the factory service manual it's supposed to be 20-25 ohms straight through one wire the coil then out the other.
I replaced the Pulse width generator just for ****'s and giggles (Brand new)
Starter turns over beautifully
It's on a jump box pushin 200 amps
Head lamp and tail lamp turns on just like it should, it get dims when the starter button is pushed.
Also the trans is in neutral

There are several vacuum type lines missing sitting of to the side in my buddies garage (the guy I bought it from)

Can anyone tell me what I should try doing next? I really don't want to get rid of the bike (I got it for an amazing price with the exception that it now doesn't run)

I was told to rebuild the carbs but from the way I see it spraying the starting fluid straight down into the carb it should at least fire for a second or so and it doesn't even do that.

If you need more information please ask or I mis-stated something let me know!

This is my first bike and I'm incredibly anxious to get out and ride it!

Thanks in advance!
Braden