CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

CBR...from hell

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR...from hell

GOOD GOD I am sick of this bike. Not neccessarily a rant, but I will just say that at almost the same amount of miles (And yes I realize this reflects how the bike was treated to this point) but my other bike ran 10x better than the CBR. I never had to choke it or anything to get it started. It seems like every other day there's something wrong with this thing starting.

Like just earlier today i got it to idle, took it for a ride around the block and BAAM fuel cut out. No idea why. Had to push it 2 blocks. It's 70F degrees so deffinetely not cold...

It just feels like if it's not one thing or another electrical or carb related this bike is trying to kill itself.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Default RE: CBR...from hell

Is that Ashlynn Brooke in your avatar?

Old 11-02-2008, 07:59 PM

ORIGINAL: kwong2001

Is that Ashlynn Brooke in your avatar?
lol, thats all I saw too.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, it happens sometimes, had a VW kombi van, that would not stay on the road for longer than a trip to the shops (or it seemed that way) Clutch cable, clutch, startor, stator. Had a new motor (& I mean 'new') put in it after all that & it dropped a valve about a week later.
Bastard even threw me down the road once, when I got a flat tyre I was trying to loosen the wheel bolts, all my weight to get them loose & the friggin wheel ratchet snapped & I went flying down the road on my back. Some vehicles are just cursed

Old 11-03-2008, 05:10 AM

Sorry to hear bro.. How long have you had it, what's the history? You a second / non-original owner?

Old 11-03-2008, 10:14 PM

2nd owner, I believe. I think this bike has had a hard life with the rectifier issues...now it won't start really worth a ****. I try to choke it a bit and jump on it, then the bike totally dies on me. Godamnit I hate this thing

Old 11-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

sounds like you bought a pos. But anything can be fixed. Sounds like there is sumtin blocking the flow of fuel or the carbs need cleaned/synced/tuned.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:57 PM

pull the carbs and clean them if you haven't already. it's easy and very effective. especially if you haven't yet. these bikes are pretty simple and you'd be amazed how much better it'll run if you clean out the top end and sync the carbs...also super easy. i can send you a list of home depot crap you need to make a carb sync tool...5 minutes of setup and screwdriver adjustments and it'll be a brand new bike. have you changed your plugs?

Old 11-04-2008, 12:39 AM

Plugs are brand new.

I haven't synced these carbs, but i've done it before on my bike.

Either way the bike needs to be running for me to sync them..and it's not so I can't. I will probably pull the carbs and clean them.

And whoever said I bought a POS is right...this thing is a ragged out junk [:'(]

Old 11-04-2008, 02:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Adionik

Plugs are brand new.

I haven't synced these carbs, but i've done it before on my bike.

Either way the bike needs to be running for me to sync them..and it's not so I can't. I will probably pull the carbs and clean them.

And whoever said I bought a POS is right...this thing is a ragged out junk [:'(]
good luck on the cleaning, i'm hours away from completing my cleaning job too.

Quick Reply: CBR...from hell