CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

cbr f3 not reffing under load please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 07:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cbr f3 not reffing under load please help

I bought a cbr f3 few weeks back was running fine but heavy on feul so decided to pull the tank and check for leaks. Found the peacock was not tightened as I pulled the tank feul supply hose came loose not connected properly and without clamps and air pipes on DAI was not connected. So I fixed the leak and connected the air hoses put back the tank, but bike did not start after a struggle I removed the plugs and they where full of feul and black, I cleaned and regap the plugs put them back and bike fired idles nice and reffing up nicely. I thought I won the battle but now when I put it in gear and start to rid it boggs and dies, I have tried opening up throttle but it just boggs and dies. The feul pump has been bypassed by previous owner so it is on gravity feed now. I have also taken off rhetoric feul tank and used a clear pipe directly to the feul supply pype but same thing.

I need help why will it rub fine in neutral and in gear if clutch is pulled in but as soon as you pull of it boggs and dies? Am I correct that the feul supply is a little less Tpiece between carb 2 and 3?

Old 10-18-2016, 02:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe when you hooked the DAI you did it wrong. Most F3 owner disconnect the low speed air plumbing as its not really needed and redoing it simplifies things under the tank. My guess of why it seems fine at a stand still and not when moving is either its getting too much air or too much fuel. I believe the fuel hose splits into two, and feed between carbs 1&2, and carbs 3&4. Not in the middle between 2 & 3. I'll have to look at my manuals, you need to get a manual.

Old 10-19-2016, 01:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good day

The low speed section was disconnected I have a owners manuel I reconnected it and also checked for leaks. Yesterday I have taken out the spark plugs and it was black and wet I cleaned them properly regapped them put them back and started the the bike.it started first time and was able to drive for about 100 meters parked bike and left it to idle but then it started again. Can it be that the plugs is the culprit ?

Old 10-19-2016, 07:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wet black plugs is too much fuel or the plugs aint sparking all the time not burning off all of the fuel. Try taking the air filter out of the air box, put the air box back together and take it for a ride. If it runs better there is a carb problem letting in to much fuel. Also, the owners manual probably aint very much help. You need a shop manual such as a Haynes, Clymer, or the factory Honda service manual.