CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F3 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f3-17/)
-   -   CBR 600 F3 Build NEED HELP! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f3-17/cbr-600-f3-build-need-help-155152/)

JxxR 10-29-2016 02:01 PM

CBR 600 F3 Build NEED HELP!

3 Attachment(s)
hey guys picked up my 96 CBR 600 F3 in complete pieces and have been building it in my basement. I've never build a bike before and i have been reading both the Haynes and original 96 CBR manual. im stuck dead in my tracks

i do no have the cluster.

i got everything to knowledge correctly putt together but i turn the key nothing happens there is power to the front, but the fuel put doesnt prime and the starter relay wont click when the button is pressed

i have tested the starter relay and when i jump it, it clicks. i also tested starter circuit of components

my futur plans are to paint everything and turn it into a street fighter.

im looking for any and all suggestions

i can post any pictures needed

Attachment 26546

Attachment 26547

Attachment 26548

hamlin6 10-29-2016 07:13 PM

Hey there. Looks like a great project. You've gone a long ways so far. The fuel pumps on the f3 bikes don't kick in until the bike is running.

JxxR 10-29-2016 07:16 PM

Well there is one question answered sign... Still nothin happens when the starter button is pressed

hamlin6 10-29-2016 08:10 PM

Are you sure you have a strong battery? Also, have you checked the voltage level at the starter when you hit the button? Are you sure you have the bike in neutral?

JxxR 10-31-2016 03:15 PM

The battery is strong and the bike turns over when I jump the starter. I also checked the clutch switch and diode and the neutral switch the kick stand is up.I'm pretty stumped how I get nothing but I still went ahead and
I ordered a new full harness, new regulator rectify and a new starter relay

hamlin6 11-01-2016 09:18 AM

Before you do that, I would suggest, if you don't have one, getting a shop manual and a volt meter. Start tracing things down. If you start replacing parts without knowing the exact cause, things can get expensive quickly.
Shop manuals are cheap, (free if you download them) and a volt meter is like $20.00. Both can be used for other things. You may simply have a broken wire that can be repaired without replacing the harness. Or it could be something other than the harness.

JxxR 11-01-2016 09:21 AM

I have the 96 cbr manual in a pdf on my computer and I also have the Haynes manual. I have been checking everything and I couldn't find a solid short that could cause it. My old harness is pretty mangled that's why I already went ahead an bought the new harness starter relay and regulator

hamlin6 11-01-2016 09:28 AM

Sounds good. I'm assuming you've ohm'd out your fuses?

JxxR 11-01-2016 09:30 AM

Yes all of them they are all good even tried new ones for ****s and giggles I'll deffinetly keep updating when I get my parts Saturday hopefully she just fires up

JxxR 11-02-2016 06:36 PM

My new harness came in. It's deffinetly in better shape then the original. I got everything plugged in and it still won't start but at least now the starter relay clicks when the start button is pressed. I'm charging the battery it tested at 10v. Isn't it supposed to be 12v