CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Carb removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Carb removal

I was tinkering around this afternoon since I can't get a new filter until next week and decided to shoot some carb cleaner into the intake to see what would happen. Using that and some starting fluid I was able to get it to backfire but nothing more. I will take that as a positive sign but the damn thing still doesnt want to run. Very frustrating.

Old 03-13-2008, 03:39 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

The new fuel filter is a good idea..until it arrives, just remove each fuel line separately and blow through them to see if blocked or not...good luck!

Jules

Old 03-13-2008, 10:20 PM

I removed my carbs when I got my bike with very little motorcycle mechanicing experience. I took them to a pro to have them cleaned but he also put in new needles and softer springs for the bike on top of tuning them for a full V&H exhaust.

Just a thought but you could try a push start. Basically grab the clutch in 1st and run it to a decent pace. Jump on the bike and release the clutch(Make sure your kill switch is on and your key in the on position). If you have a friend and are near a decent hill(Or have a trailer to trailer the bike up the hill) run it down the hill. Just see what happens. It may work and it'll be another peice to the puzzle.

Also if you get it running make sure your air tubes are all hooked up properly or it will not run right.

Old 03-15-2008, 12:41 PM

Hey everyone, I'm gonna jump my behind into this thread as well because I think this is where I'm at as well. The bike turns over great and runs with starting fluid put right into the top (battery is fine, fuel is fresh/clean, filter is fine, I blew through the hoses, pump works). It starts with the starting fluid, and sounds like it wants to keep going...

Each bowl has it's own cover individually that can be taken off? I don't know jack about carbs, so I'm just looking for some advice of what to do.
Thanks everyone...

Old 03-15-2008, 12:49 PM

ORIGINAL: ACSHoops33

Hey everyone, I'm gonna jump my behind into this thread as well because I think this is where I'm at as well. The bike turns over great and runs with starting fluid put right into the top (battery is fine, fuel is fresh/clean, filter is fine, I blew through the hoses, pump works). It starts with the starting fluid, and sounds like it wants to keep going...

Each bowl has it's own cover individually that can be taken off? I don't know jack about carbs, so I'm just looking for some advice of what to do.
Thanks everyone...
Yes you can remove each bowl separately...it's definitely best to remove the carbs from the bike, so much easier to work on..

BUT

keep them together as a unit and just work on each one at a time...cleaning...just care and patience...

Jules

Old 03-15-2008, 12:51 PM

Well, is that the best way to see if fuel is getting to them? by taking each thing off individually? Cuz then once i know if fuel is in there then i can decide if i need to take the whole damn thing off right? (Please god, i don't want to take the whole thing off)

Old 03-15-2008, 12:59 PM

Well, is that the best way to see if fuel is getting to them? by taking each thing off individually? Cuz then once i know if fuel is in there then i can decide if i need to take the whole damn thing off right? (Please god, i don't want to take the whole thing off)
Sorry thought you meant you were going to clean them anyway...all I remember is it's real tight in there, move pipes and wires etc out of the way, take pics like me if necessary so you know where they all go... it may be possibles to remove bowls in situ but if they are full of brownish like gum deposits...it's a fair bet some of this will be in your jets ..

Old 03-15-2008, 01:01 PM

Thanks Juliet, this is a world i just would have rather not entered, mais c'est la vie...

This bike ran like a champ back in october... too bad people are jerks.

Old 03-15-2008, 01:08 PM

Thanks Juliet, this is a world i just would have rather not entered, mais c'est la vie...

This bike ran like a champ back in october... too bad people are jerks.
You're welcome...mine was great too...then after one winter of not using it enough, they clogged up...I usually get the bike out and run it up and down the road through the winter to keep it running well but didn't that time...

Oh I don't mind the world so much...it can be beautiful...no actually it is beautiful...it's the people that are changing in it...too much for my liking but as you say c'est la vie...we're stuck with it...thank God for bikes :-)

Good luck

Jules

PS The people in this forum rock though :-)...as you say over the pond ...

Old 03-15-2008, 01:10 PM

Aye, I was looking forward to this being the first winter I didn't have to store my bike, now that i live in Miami. Trouble was some *** didn't even let me keep it until october when he decided to steal it. He was nice enough to crash it though so i could pay a fortune to have it back and fix it up.

Quick Reply: Carb removal