CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Can you see out of tinted visor on helmet??

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you see out of tinted visor on helmet??

Im about to order a dark tinted visor for my helmet to replace the orginal clear one. Anybody ride with one of these? What do you think of it? And can you still see good at night and stuff??

Old 02-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Default RE: Can you see out of tinted visor on helmet??

you will hate yourself when you get stuck out riding at night time, it sucks! On the other hand, i have both a tinted windscreen and a tinted visor and for daytime I love them!!! I don't think the windscreen is gonna matter much at night unless your in a full tuck doing like 160, which i hope your not doing!

Old 02-21-2008, 10:15 PM

yeah ive got the tinted windscreen too and it dont bother me. Im just wondering about the tinted visor on the helmet. If when your just riding normal at night, if it makes you not be able to see very well just normally cuz its tinted.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:24 PM

my friend has the dark tints and he rides at night with them on at night occasionaly. but they are a little harder to see. and when it was raining he said he almost couldnt see at all

Old 02-21-2008, 10:25 PM

It's possible and sometimes i do ride with mine on, but think about this: Do you have a car with a tinted back window? do you know how hard it is to see through that at night? It's not horrible, and it can be done, it's just annoying most of the time. Thats just me though, i see other people riding with them at night. It's probably not the safest thing to do but neither is riding a motorcycle, lol.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:27 PM

I've got a tinted visor, they're great for day time riding but a TOTAL nightmare at night. Thankfullly I carry my clear shield just in case so it's not a big deal for me.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:00 AM

yeah i was thinking i should probably just swap back to the clear one if i plan on riding when its dark. Are they really easy to switch back and forth or what??

Old 02-22-2008, 07:01 AM

yea you just pop them off and on, kinda got to get used to it but once you do it's fine.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:45 AM

It's technically illegal in my state to ride at night with a tinted visor. Just get some shades that your comfortable with your helmet on and use them. Once it's dark, you just take them off...works for me.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:12 PM

what kinda lid you have fork out the extra cash and get a shield that get clear with night and dark with day . personally i ride the nj ny area to much potholes some you can barely see with a clear shield much less a tinted

Quick Reply: Can you see out of tinted visor on helmet??