CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Calico bike?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calico bike?

So my F3 has some f'd up race fairings on it that will definately have to go. My question is would it look cool or stupid to have every piece of fairing, tank and wheels to be off a different color scheme bike (no two pieces off the same year/color scheme)?

Has anyone done this before - if so - any pix?

Alternative is to buy one of those full fairing kits off ebay from Hong Kong...

Old 09-18-2007, 01:37 PM
Default RE: Calico bike?

Here's the bike in its current state:

Old 09-18-2007, 01:51 PM

There's nothing wrong with that...not everyone has *** loads of cash laying around. My bike is set up just like your talking...hence I call it "Skittles." I have an actual aftermarket set to install so my comment doesn't really make sense. If you had all the pieces, I’d consider at least priming them all the same color. The guy that had my bike prior did a terrible rattle can job so I stripped all the paint down to the original plastics’ colors. After that and some replacement…I wound up with about 5 different colors. If I end up selling my other fairings, I’d defiantly paint all my plastic to one color. Mixed colors just make a Honda look sad…or in my eyes “creative!”
-NorthernFirepower

Old 09-18-2007, 01:55 PM

Northern, how do you get the full sized photo in the posting instead of the thumbnail link? - I think I figured it out...hahaha!

Old 09-18-2007, 02:13 PM

I have that photo "hosted" on gunsnet. I uploaded it there from my computer, (added it to the photo gallery) and then when I view the photo, I right click it to get the propertys. When you get the propertys...highlight the "URL" address portion and "copy" it.

Okay almost there...now, you come back here to this thread and when your writing the message, you use the little "image icon" on the far right above the text area. If your pop-up blocker allows, you will be given a bar to enter the "URL" of the photo you wanna show. Enter it and your done! It took me forever to figure this out but once you find a photo host site, it's really easy.

I need to shrink my photos to meet the 600 min pixel size otherwise the photo won't load.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:14 PM

Yeip...looks like you did! Nice clear pic too.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Are you getting replacement fairings? If you get used stuff (there's a lot kicking around) you can paint them up nicely however you want... I painted my old bike, and I plan to paint my current F2 before it becomes a track bike.

the smarties scheme will look horrible though, but if it's all you can afford go for it, you're a cool guy just for riding no matter what you ride.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:18 PM

I think it'd look pretty stupid, but you'd be riding it not me, so go for it

Old 09-18-2007, 03:53 PM

Well, I'm not saying I want to just yet. Just looking for some feedback - Thanks!

Old 09-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as your riding, who gives a rats. If you like a certain colour(s) & enjoy riding it, then go for it.
Years ago, you could get this stuff that looked like faded denim & I thought It would look cool on a bike, but my conservative friends talked me out of it.