CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Bike Sputters at highway speeds, help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bike Sputters at highway speeds, help!!!

I don't know, to me it sounds like the engine is starving for fuel. Might want to make sure that nothing is obstructing the fuel from flowing to the carbs. Make sure to remove the petcock and check it also. And change the fuel filter anyways, it's only like a $10 part.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:58 AM

change the fuel filter, you might have internal fuel filters as well in the carbs. Which means the carbs have to be removed, the float bowls removed and removing the float needle seat to expose these little filters. They might be clogged, Also check that the CV slides are working properly, that you don't have one or two with a torn boot, rendering it inop and causing a air restriction. I would try with that. But one other thing...how did you approach the place you had the bike worked on? Did you go in saying...something is wrong with my bike. Fix it? Or did you tell them to service it, check a few things and wanted to see if that were to fix it. If you did that, then the place is going to do the service and everything, then test drive the bike and be like....something is wrong. Get more money from you in order for them to try and diagnosis it. Sounds like you spent a lot to get nothing resolved, and somewhere someone drop the ball on that one. Either them, or you by how you approached them. Just saying, because i'm a tech, and i run into people with carb problems, motor problems, no start problems...and they think that a service is going to fix it all. So they get the service done, and then they get hit up for more money to fix the real issue, instead of having me just solve their problem and at the end saving them some money by not spending it on unneeded work.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:10 AM

what I think the problem might be is the fuel mixture what may be happending is the fuel that you might be using might be of a poorer quality, have you tried other gas stations? Another thing that it could be is the rust and crap this in in the fuel tank . If you ever have runned the bike on close to empty it may have collected abit of debrit which has gone through the fuel line and into the carbarattor. what you need to get yourself is a bottle of carb clean. You add that to your fuel and it disolves anything that is cuaght up the fuel line and it also clean the carb. Try it and you will be amazed in the improvement

Old 03-06-2008, 07:34 AM

ok i think i know what the problem is. I don't have any of the hoses for the sub air cleaner, I'm missing like half of the D.A.I. system. I guess whoever did the swap thought i could do without them?

Anyways, its gonna take like two weeks to get all the parts here but please if for some reason you think of anything that i should check, let me know.