CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F3 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f3-17/)
-   -   BIKE SOUNDS LIKE A BUELL (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f3-17/bike-sounds-like-buell-12806/)

freestyleF3 04-19-2006 04:43 PM

BIKE SOUNDS LIKE A BUELL

My bike was running good one day and the next day i started it and it was idling a little low and everytime i gave it gas it seemed like it wanted to die at low rpms, so i adjusted the idle with the knob and it didnt seem like it was doing anything and then it died.

Now everytime i start it, it only idles when the choke is on. As soon as i turn the choke off it dies. And when the choke is on, whenever i give it gas it sounds like a buell or something. I'm not sure what the problem is.

transamlt1man 04-20-2006 01:01 AM

RE: BIKE SOUNDS LIKE A BUELL

I know the sound you are talking about. It makes it when you open the butterfly and all air is getting sucked in and no fuel. Well one thing is for sure, you have a fuel problem. Make sure your gas is on and that you have gas in the tank. Make sure your fuel pump is pumping.

freestyleF3 04-20-2006 01:56 AM

yeah the gas is on and theres gas in the tank. How do i check to see if the fuel pump is working

transamlt1man 04-21-2006 01:00 AM

Unhook the hose going from the fuel pump to the carbs. It should spit some gas out with the key one. I have never tried it so....

Melch 04-21-2006 11:44 AM

You are not running on all cylinders.Your pilot jets are clogged.Clean the jets out and replace the plugs.

freestyleF3 04-26-2006 03:07 PM

yeah i think thats the problem. i pulled the plugs and 2 of them were wet and 2 of them were dry. Im new to this and i dont know where the jets are or how to clean them. Do I have to get new plugs or can i just clean them cause i just put new plugs in there about a month ago and only ran the bike about 4 times with the new plugs in there.

kustom98f3 04-28-2006 12:21 AM

To clean out your jets you'll first have to take your tank off, then open up the air box. Once you pull the air filter out you will be able to see the opening in your carbs and your jets. Use some carb cleaner and clean them out well then re-assemble. You could try cleaning the plugs but they aren't really that expensive so I would just replace them.

transamlt1man 04-28-2006 08:33 PM

You have to remove the carbs to clean whats important.

kustom98f3 04-29-2006 04:47 PM

True it is better to remove the carbs to clean them but you might be able to get away without doing so.

Melch 05-01-2006 05:09 PM

The only jet you will be able to see is the main where the needle goes in.You must remove the carbs and float bowls to clean the pilots and the mains properly but your problem is float needles on the two that were wet.Just replace all four and clean your pilots and mains.Cheap fix.Also before you remove them and have the air cleaner off stick you finger down in each velocity stack and move the black slide up toward the front of the bike.You should hear a little squishing noise and they should return fairly slowly.If they return very fast or you find one that returns at a different speed you have a hole or rip in the diaphram of that carb but Im betting those are ok.Just the float needles.Good luck