CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

bike is hot

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 04:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bike is hot

My bike is been gettin hot everytime I accelerate the bike gets hotter n hotter...even in idle... I drove it down the street n road it bak up n it went to the h..... wen i stop the bike the coolant was drained .....the bike drank it like water..... I change the oil added coolant .... new thermostat.... drained all the coolant no signs of browwn.... I then drove it once more n the same thing happend the coolant was drank by the bike...... I then started to go at the spark plugs... I remove them all after like an hour..... they all looked like they had oil on them the two middle ones had more of the oily stuff then the outside ones.... I was told it might of been the head gasket... I llok at the whole bike n I don't see any leeks at all....if I just change the spark plugs will the bike stop overheating or do I really hav to change the head gasket

Old 06-12-2007, 04:28 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: bike is hot

have you thought about just taking the bike to get professionaly diagnosed ? i know that is usually everyone last ditch effort but it might be a better place to start since you seem to have an unusal problem

Old 06-12-2007, 05:41 AM

Did you check your fuse to to your cooling fan?? probably not it but worth a shot

Old 06-12-2007, 10:32 AM

I check the fuses......their fine.......a mechanic would be a good thing to do but I don't know any mechanics except for one that lives 45 min away n he never has time to stop by n also their are 2 more mechanica but their dealership mechanics n they charge n arm n a leg......... live in west orange, nj

Old 06-12-2007, 01:08 PM

You're going to throw away more money on the bike trying to fix random problems when you could just take it someone to actually fix it.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:34 PM

might try lookin at the head gasket.....possibly water pump....orboth---the heat will tear up impeller on water pump

Old 06-13-2007, 02:22 PM

if its losing coolant and its not on the ground there is only one place for it to go the through your head gasket it probably doesnt take long because there is not much coolant. the best way to check is with a compression gauge the cylinder or cylinders with very low compression will show where the gasket blew.