CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Been awhile since i have been on... Advise needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been awhile since i have been on... Advise needed

Ok guys and gals.

F3 to F4i conversion or I found this, and it looks pretty sweet but not sure if I want the single headlight still..

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/...2F3Crea600.htm

Old 05-03-2010, 01:53 PM

that kit retails close to 900$ wouldn't the f3>f4 be cheaper?

Old 05-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well... particular taste, it's not for me. If you like it, I'd say go for... except for their warnings at the bottom:
  • We sell an unfinished unpainted product, it is your responsibility to sand, finish, and paint the parts you buy from us.
  • The parts we sell are un-drilled; it is your responsibility to drill all of the mounting holes and fit the parts onto your chassis.
  • All of our parts may or may not include the internal mounting tabs. Please consult with our sales representative if you have any questions about mounting things like headlights and dashes.
  • It is the purchasers’ responsibility to mount all of the products they purchase onto their machine. If you need assistance mounting these products call our sales reps for advise.

Ok unfinished is normal. Un-drilled? Errr... Ok, not normal but might mean I get to make them fit right...

"May or mnay not include the internal mounting tabs"??? *schreeeeech* Fistful of front brake. wtf??? Did they bother to cut the parts out of the mold or do they ship them still in it? For $900 + shipping, they could do a helluva better

Old 05-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks pretty dumb, imo.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:56 PM

I was looking at it due to it being unique, never seen one in my area but I want the split headlight look. Figure both the conversion and this will be about the same price if I shop around ebay.

The 01 f4i fairings are the standard right with the 600rr tail from a 05-06 if i do not bend the subframe?

Old 05-03-2010, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by bammerman
The 01 f4i fairings are the standard right with the 600rr tail from a 05-06 if i do not bend the subframe?
still gotta bend subframe, not a big deal though. dont be afraid of doing it.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:45 PM

How can you do it accurately? I have friend with a torch, etc... to heat up the metal (think this is how you would do it without a bender).

Old 05-06-2010, 06:29 PM

doesnt seem worth it to me $900 plus shipping it seems cheaper to just cell your f3 and upgrade to and f4, not counting the hours you gonna spend drilling sanding painting wiring and all that

Old 05-06-2010, 06:30 PM

all you gotta do is notch out the top of pipe(cut a v) and pick up on it, its just thin steel. and its just the last foot or so, once you fit the tail you will see what needs to be done. nothing to get excited about at all. just cut the V, bend it up, and reweld where you cut. DONE

Old 05-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by willduce
all you gotta do is notch out the top of pipe(cut a v) and pick up on it, its just thin steel. and its just the last foot or so, once you fit the tail you will see what needs to be done. nothing to get excited about at all. just cut the V, bend it up, and reweld where you cut. DONE
you make it sound so simple but i see so many peeps mess it up bigtime.

Quick Reply: Been awhile since i have been on... Advise needed