CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

anything to look out for?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 12:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anything to look out for?

hi, my first post of many here. i went to look at a 97 model cbr on saturday and must say i liked it and am intending on putting a deposit down on it next week, but before i do that i would like to know anything that tends to go wrong with these bikes that i should look out for.
i didnt hear the bike started as it was in the shop behind a mountain of bikes so i told the guy to get it out for me when i pop down for a test drive. cosmetically the bike looks fine although there are signs of rust showing on parts of the frame, is this normal?
when i take it out next week is the anything i should relly be looking for that shouldnt be there. and are there any other things that tend to go wrong with them. cheers

Old 10-24-2005, 09:55 AM
Default RE: anything to look out for?

check for oil leaks, listen for poping, check the fork seal's, see if it shifts ruff or smooth... as for things that go wrong..... everyone that has had one told me that they were the best bike they ever had....

Old 10-24-2005, 03:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bike looks good. Most things that could go wrong with that year bike should have already happened. Listen for anything that looks, sounds or smells odd. If your mind says "what the" then you should ask them about it. Look for extra wear on the forks (stoppies, endoes) and any fairing melts. Remember, it's a Honda. She'll still do you right. Treat her like your best friend and she'll treat you like Superman.

Old 10-24-2005, 04:30 PM

Check out this thread...

https://cbrforum.com/m_16005/tm.htm

hth