CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Anyone know where I can get these tires at a better price ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 03:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know where I can get these tires at a better price ?

Hey everyone, Im set on getting these battlax tires, but I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy them at a better price. Here is the link.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...Rear-Tire.aspx

If anyone has a place/link where I can get them at a better price, Id greatly appreciate the info.

Im gonna need both front and rear tires. stock sizes front: 120/60ZR17 and 160/60ZR17

Old 06-05-2011, 03:04 PM

Actually, after doing some research , i think Im gonna go with these tires. They seem to have great reviews, and are very very affordable.

http://www.jcmotors.com/p-18564-shin...ront-tire.aspx

Old 06-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Old 06-05-2011, 08:00 PM

If you ride your bike in the city 100% of the time and plan to be a squid for the rest of your life, then the Shinko's are all you. If you ever want to try to ride the bike the way it is meant to be, I suggest you get real tires. You can get a set of Q2's to your door for a bit more than $200, best value for money you will find IMHO.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:25 PM

After low siding on a new set of metzler m1s I decided its worth the extra money to get a good sticky tire. Like f34me said in order to ride your bike the way it is meant to be you need a good set of tires that wont let you down. I look at every expense these days like a tank of gas. So for an extra 60 bucks or one tankfull of gas you will have at least 3000 miles or so of strong confidence in your tires. I have a good bit of time on some bt 023s and was not real impressed. Decent all around but not real sticky. The front ended up wearing very weird into a very sharp v shape. Then I went through several sets of pirelli diablo roso's. The roso was extremely sticky and even under very hard acceleration or deceleration coming into a curve would only step out slightly and hold. Seemed to handle a little sluggish like they were just stuck to the road at all times. And only last about 3000 mi. Then tried some michelin pilot power 2cts, they had a great feel and the bike felt like it would transition from side to side easier than the roso's. But when you pushed them in the corners you just dont grab as well as the rosos. But they last alot longer. Now im on a set of michelin power pures and so far the feel very good. The light and quick handling of the pilot powers and the traction of the rosos in the curves. Today was my first day since installing them last week to really push them. I took it out my good ol what I call my wrecking road see https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f3...rdrail-107287/ and very quickly felt real comfortable. Any way I could probably ramble on forever on why you should by good tires but my point is that the tire is the only thing touching the road therefor is one of the most important pieces of equipment on you bike.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:00 PM

Thanks guys for the heads up and the advice. I greatly appreciate it. Ill probably rethink which tires to get. My main use is mainly for commute and like every other weekend in the canyons. Im not a pro rider, yet ha ha, so i know Im nowhere close to using the bike to its full potential. But regardless, I do agree with all your points.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:33 AM

Dunlop Sportmax Q2s. I love them.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:41 PM

Eh, I have the Shinko 009s on my bike presently. They're fine (and cheap).

Old 06-08-2011, 10:53 PM

Oh cool. would you recommend them/buy another set for your bike after the present ones are worn out ?

Old 07-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Default spend the money

spend the extra loot on good rubber man its the only thing keeping u glued to the road. personally i love pirelli diablos never had a gripe with them heat up quick and stick like glue even on our crappy vermont roads. the battleax's i found wore really quick and tend to slip under extreme leanangles and the pilot powers i hated them to soft for me felt like i was on jello when switching directions quick but not a bad tire wear wise and you can lean the crap outta them just found kinda a squishy feel when flicking side to side. everyone is different so its really personal preferance.

Quick Reply: Anyone know where I can get these tires at a better price ?