CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Almost done, a few more hours!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost done, a few more hours!

This is my 95. China fairing kit, suuuuch a pain in the *** to size on correctly. Zip ties are not in my methods of doing it right, so it ment lots of placing and drilling and removing and mesauring and blah blah blah...

Check out my bladed levers! ... and my flipable licence plate......

LED underglo in motor and above rear tire (15 bucks from china lol)

180 on rear, manual cam tensioner, new fuel contacts, k&n, and some other stuff I cant remember. This sexy bike runs like a dream!

The white motor access fairings have 2 stickers to make them "less white" not sure what to use yet, but I have plans to make it not so empty there. Lots more little work, maybe 6 more hours and she is done.

Oh and just go my motorcycle licence yesterday!! sweeeet

I ordered a used fuel tank on ebay- only 25 bucks and 25 for shipping (50 bucks, what a deal!) This way I did not damage my stock fairing kit or paint the stock tank, yes it is still perfect and if I get frusterated too much with this china kit, I can simply pop it off and put my real honda kit back on. 20min of work to bring it right back to the original state.

Attached Thumbnails Almost done, a few more hours!-imag0253.jpg   Almost done, a few more hours!-img-20120205-00231.jpg   Almost done, a few more hours!-img-20120205-00233.jpg   Almost done, a few more hours!-img-20120205-00234.jpg   Almost done, a few more hours!-img-20120205-00236.jpg  

Old 02-18-2012, 03:38 PM

Nice looking bike. Looks proffessional from the pics. Love the windsreen.
I'm impressed.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:58 PM

thanks man. your red f3 looks really good too, very clean

Old 02-18-2012, 04:25 PM

wow that looks great man, love the levers and the windscreen i am thinking of getting the red seven stars fairings, very impressive!

Old 02-18-2012, 04:47 PM

Been thinking about getting some new plastic myself. Where'd you get yours?

Old 02-18-2012, 06:51 PM

well i got mine from ebay, seller is named "HitHotWin" (weird china translation i guess) it costs 250 bucks, plus 200 shipping. Takes appx. 4-6 weeks to arrive. however, they do custom paint for free, which is what I ordered. I found a kit I liked, then with a cheap photo program roughly colored some areas i wanted them to paint differently. We had several e-mail conversations to make sure his factory understood what I wanted, then they made it. The e-mail conversations were rough to understand, but the points got across, and it was nice to know that these guys were workin on it and were serrious about their job (or at least the boss was lol) They were very concerened to keep me happy and not lower their ebay score.

Paint job is amazing, like I mean perfect, its top grade stuff and has 6 clear coats on it to make is last. Quality of plastics, and how they line up however, not so good.

If you are not willing to spend hours and hours to line it up and modify, then forget it, these aint gonna be fun... that said I did this over the winter here and there not rushing at all.

If you are going to do it right, be prepared to drill new holes and be creative to make sure everything looks good. Also be close to a hardware store cause your gonna be going there a lot for random nuts and bolts.

Last but not least, DO NOT ZIP TIE IT. How unreliable is that??? Take your time, do it right, get the proper hardware (nuts and bolts etc) Lots of work, but it is totally do-able.

Also, the tank cover they send is absolute sh*t. I sent mine to a local small shop and they did it for 70 bucks cash. (which is a good deal, cause I was quoted up to 300 from some other shops) You can also buy the honda wing stickers on ebay for 3-8 bucks a set.

Along with the kit, they threw in extra like tank protector (and its a good one) valve stem covers- cool lookin gernade things, stick-on fire wall to keep they headers and exhust from melting the plastics (also good quality stuff) rim tape (i didnt use) and a bunch of other crap. The ebay store also offers other cool mod stuff for your bike like LED underglo and its all dirt cheap- the underglo strips i got are super bright and look amazing!

Old 02-18-2012, 06:55 PM

here is a bad pic, really bad, but its my rear underglo. I got a 3 foot strip in blue (but you can get any color) for 8 bucks. Also I have a 2 foot strip above the motor, it cost 6 bucks or so.

Shipping was free, cause they just put it in an 81/2 x 11 enlvope.

Attached Thumbnails Almost done, a few more hours!-img-20120205-00239.jpg  
Old 02-19-2012, 11:09 AM

Not wanting to sound negative but just have a little think about those blade levers you have fitted, they are the only type i have seen without a ball type end.

They look a little bit dangerous, imagine you were to come off your bike, I imagine they could quite easily impale you and tear your skin and flesh.

Now i know you may be thinking 'but there arent sharp', however you still have a large point and a blade profile, whether or not it is sharp.

Just one to think about maybe.

Other than that, good job with getting the fairings to fit, i know they can be a pain to get fitted right, looks like you have done a great job.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:50 AM

thanks man, and I appreciate your concern too- my gf said the same thing lol.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by fatluke_nofx
here is a bad pic, really bad, but its my rear underglo. I got a 3 foot strip in blue (but you can get any color) for 8 bucks. Also I have a 2 foot strip above the motor, it cost 6 bucks or so.

Shipping was free, cause they just put it in an 81/2 x 11 enlvope.
Great job, I agree its much better to do the job well the first time than having to keep going back to it. I like the look of that underglo too, I will have a look into that for my next mod.

Quick Reply: Almost done, a few more hours!