CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 01:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?

I got the motor apart and the top end looks good i plan to check in solvent to see if valves are leaking, the bottom end looks alright to me none of the bearings spun the crank i dont know if there to bad or what i plan to take to a shop tommorrow and see if the can tell me the damage. the crank has so dark mark where the bearings sit but no real bad groovesi tried to compare to some pics on intern of a bad bearing but ??? some one wrote about letting it idle for 10min ? is that bad cuzit was close to that time frame maybe less dont know what theproblem would be with that???If it ist the bottom end does the clutch make a constant noise that could of sounded like the bottom end someone said they make noise but damn thats some noise. Appreciate all the help and comments i didnt know that these furomswere like these, its cool that folks still help each other out thats rare Peace.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ?

The clutch basket does make a noise, but not enough to sound like a bearing, besides if you pull the clutch in the clutch noise goes away. The only other noise that can sound pretty sick is when the Cam chain tensioner bites the dust. If your worried that it could be the clutch, have a look at your oil, as as clutch goes, it actually starts to rip itself apart and leaves all sorts of soggy crap in the oil (fiberous material)
Big end or bearing noises can sound anything from marbles in can to you think your bikes has suddenly turned into a VW bug, but its constant & gets louder as you rev the bike. Good luck mate.