CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

98 F3 upgrades - Lets have some fun!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 F3 upgrades - Lets have some fun!!

So here we go. I have a 98 F3 with over 60,000 miles. Had a bit of a rough life. I bought it cheap for a track bike. Well some things changed and now I put it to street again for the daily commute. 45 miles each way every day. I have a 1000RR and I am trying to save some miles on it. Anyway, been thinking of having some fun with her over the winter and need to start gathering parts now. So let's get some opinions on the changes. I still want to be able to do some light duty track days, so performance of the changes are a plus.

F4 rear shock - mine needs replaced...read that this gives a little ride height boost. Might set the spring for my weight...not sure yet. My weight has been decreasing!! Don't think I want the F4i...don't need that much of a height lift.

F4i Fairing swap and guage

F4i Front end. I read in one thread that this is a direct bolt on. Not sure of the total perfomance benefit, but would think that the brakes might be better. Probably look at spring upgrades too. Other Front end swaps would be considered...just let me know.

600RR tail - probably the early ones...03-05...I like the light in the tail...of course an integrated tail light would be put in.

Would like advice on swingarm. A single sided one would be really cool and set it apart, but I am not a machinist, nor do I have access to one, so I am looking for minor mods if possible. Otherwise it can stay. It is in good shape.

Rear sets and all that will get replaced...just not sure what I am going with yet.

You guys probably think I should just sell it and get something else, but I have always wanted to do something like this, so I think it is time to have some fun...

Old 06-25-2010, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by tpgpz
F4i Fairing swap and guage
Takes about an hour

Originally Posted by tpgpz
F4i Front end. I read in one thread that this is a direct bolt on.
Not a direct bolt on. Some things have to be made and modified.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:46 PM

Valve adjustment.With that many miles on it,the bike is due.You drop a valve,you're gonna wish you did.That and a carb jet/sync.Nail that and your bike will be sooooo much easier to ride.

Galfer wave rotors if you have the coin.

Forget the F4i front end and get a real shock.Not an OEM F4 shock a Fox/Penske/Ohlins.Get a hold of me when you do,I'll tell you where to start on your measurements.

Get the core of your bike up to par and for get all that other poseur sh*t.You'll be glad you did when you whiz by someone on a faster bike!