CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

97 f3 need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i meant turn over as in the starter turning it over, not to see if the engine was locked, and as long as its not a trickle charger (i.e. battery tender), then it should crank over while hooked up.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:51 PM

Okay, I have to agree with Ern all the way. If your Battery is "good" then you should be able to supply voltage to your starter. If this is the case, go back to basics Air-Fuel-spark. I would verify your cranking amps. if all checks out move on to fuel, are you getting any????? lol!! fuel that is

Old 02-13-2012, 11:31 AM

I think you said your lights dim when you push the starter button but does it make a clicking noise at all? Your starter could be stuck. Ive had it happen on cars before and a good tap with a hammer or such usually works. Make sure your connections to the starter/battery are all tight and nothings grounding somewhere. Try jumping your starter solenoid and see if it turns over.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Head-light should go out when you hit the starter. Good point on the locked up starter
though. I hadn't thought of that. Check the ground to the starter, as well. Also check
the neutral switch and kick-stand switch, to see if they're causing the interupt.

Ern

Old 02-13-2012, 08:17 PM

thanks everybody, the stater will not turn or make any noises like on cars but should it still be able to roll start though? or the non-roll starting could be a grounding issue, i have tried hitting the startrt my next option i was gonna try was to take the starter off and see if it would turn with the charger, again thanks everyone, if anybody has any more tips feel free to give. one more thanks.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:40 AM

as long as your battery and connections are good a roll start should work. Never done it on a bike just a car with a loose connection to the starter.

Like MadHattr said double check your connections and the side stand switch and make sure its in neutral, etc.

If these arent working take your starter off and look for a guide online in testing your starter by connecting to your battery. Then you can rule that out. Have you tested the voltage on your battery? I forgot to winterize my battery and such and it took a while for my charger to charge it and it said it was full charged. Tried it in the bike and nothing.

Take some jumper cables and connect neg/neg pos/pos to a car battery- Car should NOT be running. If your bike turns over now its your battery.