CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

96 f3 current project and history

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 09:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 f3 current project and history

Shortly after I bought it.

Lowsided shortly after. To fast on cold dirty tires. The tail, and a brake rotor were the only casualties, thanks to good gear.

Changed the tail to a 97 and later the seat too And after lowsiding got some pirelli diablo corsas to ease my mind of traction issues.

Next came the cct which was stock and getting louder and louder. I got a knock off brand instaed of an ape. This unit leaks oil at a very slow rate. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE WHAT THE APE UNIT SEALS AROUND THE BOLT LOOK LIKE. And I know my bikes really dirty but thats what happens when your driveway is long, steep, curvy , muddy. Sometimes its so bad you just aim for the trenches and slip and slide your way up. The muds been so deep ive even had to give it gas goin down hill or it would stop.

Now on my last ride the battery which was brand new was completely dead. I was up on the blue ridge parkway and at first i was able to get it going by roll starting it. But after my father had to pull over to do something in a flat parking lot it died and within a minute a downpour started. Soaking wet we tried pushing it as fast as we could but no luck. We huddled under some trees and 45 min later it stoped raining. I told them lets try first just know that with the ground wet theres a good chance im goin down, As i had tried roll starting it in first several times in the dway and it would just lock the back wheel. Anyway With a good push and dropping onto the seat when popping the clutch it lit and I screamed it home. Pulled the rr plug and well as you can see! Ordered a 04 gsxr rr and started checking some things out on the bike and arrrgg thats what I get for spending more time working on the dirt bike.After pulling the air filter things just kept looking worse.

THis is the air line that comes off the ram air. the little in line filter was shot and full off black gunk.

The inside is even dirtier than the outside and this picture was taken after I took a cotton swab to the bigger pieces.

I told you things just keep getting worse These are $14 each. Ive got 4 on the way.

how does that even happed.

Man i should have been taking beter care of her. coolant res.

I blame it on the 300 two stoke its just too much fun to not ride when go to the shed to work on the cbr.

After a whole lot of looking for a supermoto or hypermoto style sport bike someone on custom fighters showed me this beautifull sumo gsxr turboed 1000. Ive gotten a lot of flack on the fighter forum about my idea but just maybe it can be done to my f3. The tail off my ktm seems to fit ever so nicely on the subframe. the seat will difficult to fit the tank and tail. and the ram air in the way of where a little sumo high front fender will go. I was thinking about the ducati hypermotard front fender which has air tunnels or the new multistrada front scoop.(untill i saw the prices) Everything I do always takes forever so im sure this will be a slow process but i like the idea of the first cbr sm.

Last edited by Cr250r67; 11-18-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:16 AM

Saw your post on CF, if you do it right I think it could look good.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Talking

its allways the little things that get you. $10 here and there add up.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:16 PM

Got the r/r mounted just need to solder the wires. But now the ktm tail wont fit as well. I have a 96 seat that im going to butcher and hopefully it will work.