CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

You won't believe this.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 06:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy You won't believe this.

Had to run to a town about 40 miles from my house to find a base gasket for a friends dirtbike and decided to take my bike for a spin.It was about 75 degrees,no wind,the birds were chirping and I had a full tank of vp.So off I went on my journey.Wasn't very exciting on the way so I decided to blow the cob webs out for 20 miles.Always checked the gauges every so often,nothing out of the ordinary.So I get into town and notice the light about a quarter mile ahead just turned red and there was a line of cars I thought to my self the bike wants to get a little warm parked in traffic.That's when I almost threw up in my lid,the temperature gauge was threw the roof and the fan light wasn't on.(I put a light on it a while back to warn me ahead of time)To make the story a little shorter.My bud hauled me and Leroy (the cbr)Back home.Once I removed all the plastic and checked every thing I couldn't find anything.So after a beer to calm my fit throwing I found it.My water pump had slid out of the block far enough to disengage the drive gear.WTF.Fit throwing insued.then I could tell from looking at it the mounting points were broke off by the previous owner throwing a chain.So here I am riding season upon us with a major problem.This kind of crap only happens to me.What do my fellow cbr owners think of that?

Old 03-08-2009, 08:40 AM

I think you probably better fix it before you thrash on it anymore,

Old 03-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sucks. good thing riding season isn't in full swing... yet.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You have time, young one... calm yourself!

Are the mounting points on the water pump broken, or is the engine casing broken?

I'm sure you can replace a water pump for fairly cheap, even if it's $200 it will be well spent and there's no point getting upset about it.

Get it fixed and ride hard!

Old 03-09-2009, 05:43 AM
Thumbs up

This can't be fixed easily.The mounting points on the block are broken off.The way they fixed it was use standard bolts that wallowed the holes out.The mounting point in front of the sprocket was tore out.Will need a new block to fix this carnage.So being a little creative i've cleaned it all up,black permatex the water pump collar and JB welded the pump to the block.Today I'm making a 14 gauge strap from the oil pan to the upper motor mount with a rubber spacer between the the strap and pump.Presto pump will not slide out any more.How bout that?