CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Working on my bike, need help throughout the day

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Working on my bike, need help throughout the day

Hey everyone, so my bike has been giving me troubles for the past few weeks and I havent been able to pinpoint the issue.

It started out as a much lower idle when the bike is cold and I just start it up with the choke on, it used to sit just below 3,000rpm and when it warmed up it went up to about 3,400 rpm until I turn off the choke. Now it sits at 2,000rpm and DROPS down to about 1,500rpm when it warms up unless I turn the choke down just a slight bit, then it goes back up to about 2,200 rpm, but it returned to normal when it was warm with the choke off.

The next issue was that when I started it up after school at about 9:30 at night and it's cold outside it would do the same thing, but if I even touched the throttle it would flood out and die, and I couldn't start it again unless it sat for an hour or 2.

Now the current problem is that I dropped cylinder #4 last night and it ran like a bag of **** all the way home, and this morning I went out there and there was fuel all over the ground under the bike.

What I think the problem is:The carb for cylinder #4has a float or needle or something stuck, could this cause all 3 problems?

I'm good with everything but Carbs, so if anybody knows the best way to do some surgery without ****ing everything up can you please explain the process for me?

I'll be checking back throughout the day.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Working on my bike, need help throughout the day

Sounds like you have some work ahead of you...I haven't really ran into any issues personally, so I can't offer any advice...I just f'in hate these head scratchers!
Good Luck to 'ya.
RB

Old 09-15-2007, 04:36 PM

I hate carbs... that is all...

Old 09-15-2007, 06:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man. I read your post. I don't have much advice either but I wish you luck!!! lol. I think I'm doing more work than you right now though.

I'm in the process of cleaning my carbs as well. Well right now, I'm taking everything off. (First time working on a bike but shouldn't be that hard). I'm taking off the motor and everything. Repainting the frame and cleaning up the wiring. Because the previous owner hacked up the wiring for the temperature sensor and rewired a switch to turn on the fan manually... kinda stupid but oh well. So I'm making everything clean and stock again. I mean my bike runs perfect but has mis firing around 1 - 4 rpm. So I'm assuming its the carbs correct? Well Goodluck again. Keep us updated.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:10 PM

You're probably running lean, I was too...

I'm done with the carbs now, but I'll be doing the same thing you are, painting the frame and re-wiring some stuff, new clutch, eventually when it becomes my track bike I'll get performance cams and stuff but that's down the road a year or 2.

DONE with the carbs now, any questions give me a shout...

Old 09-15-2007, 07:10 PM

So, what was the problem? Or, what do you think it was?

Old 09-15-2007, 08:07 PM

Dirty carbs and a rotten gas tank, also needed to adjust the pilot screws to 2 1/2 turns out for the aftermarket exhaust.

Look up a product called Por15 and line your gas tank... save a lot of problems in the future.

Old 09-16-2007, 03:48 AM

Hey, do you know a site that contains a list to search through for parts with the part numbers? I'm missing some bolts (from previous owner) and I want to replace them. (because he used whatever bolts to bolt things up; what a dumbass).

Thanks!

Old 09-16-2007, 10:57 AM

No idea dude, you would probably have to go into a honda dealership and have them look it up on a microfiche,but generally they dont have parts # for bolts so you will have to take a sample bolt around to hardware stores and see if you can find a match... Either that or call Honda HQ and ask if they have a nut/bolt package for your bike.

I have seen complete nut and bolt kits for the F2 on ebay, but they're expensive and who knows if they are the right sizes...

Old 09-16-2007, 10:59 AM

Here I found you a link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...spagenameZWDVW

Quick Reply: Working on my bike, need help throughout the day