CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

wheel bearing removal

Old 01-28-2007, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel bearing removal

anyone know what to to use or how to removal the wheel bearings? ive been looking for wheel bearing removal kits but i was told they needed to be pressed out and pressed back in with a machine.

Old 01-28-2007, 03:20 PM
Default RE: wheel bearing removal

BS you can get them out and in yourself. I used and 6" ratchet extension. Run it through one bearing and knock out the other one, then flip the wheel and knock out the one you just had the extension through. To put new ones ing use a socket that i exactly the size of the outer race of the bearing, but that will also fit in to the hole the bearing goes in. Then just take a hammer and hit it SQAURE. You dont have to beat it like you hate it. Just a few solid wacks until it seats and stops. walla. Easy, I just did my rear wheel bearings about 2 months ago this way!!

Need anything else holla back!

Old 02-01-2007, 07:49 PM

i still cant get the damn bearings off. i tried everything

Old 02-01-2007, 10:19 PM

Is it the front or rear wheel?? I really doesnt matter though. You tried the way I described? Hit the end of the extension with a hammer, it should come out. You may need to take it somewhere to get them out, But they will essentially knock them out the same way I told you above.Try heating the actual bearing, get it warm and try again.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:06 PM

well, we'll assume you are removing your bearings because they are bad...getting them out more or less wrecks them. Allbals is a good priced replacement...bearings and seals for $16. Also, no need for heat...just patience.

There is a spacer between the bearings. You need move it off to the side...just a little....you have to push around a little, they only leave you a couple spots to get it off center. Then using a socketextension or a long punch, hammer on the inner race of the bearing on the far side of the wheel....you'll want towork your way around itso you don't get it cocked too much. Hit firmly, but you aren't trying to destroy anything either. Getting the first one out is the toughest, then the spacer will fall out and you can easily get at the other one. I would put the wheel rim on wood blocks covered with a towel.....the more support for the rim the better. If its the rear wheel, I would support it by the center hub.

The manual is of little help, as they use a slide hammer type tool....

Old 06-11-2012, 02:02 PM

This thread is kind of old, but it helped me out tremendously when I changed out my bearings for the first time. I would like to add, I thought I installed the front bearings wrong because one of my calipers was dragging very badly. It turns out I just bound the front axle up, all I had to do was loosen the axle and pinch bolts and tap the axle further in. This post really helped. Thanks.