CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F2 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f2-16/)
-   -   What do you think on Race fuel? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f2-16/what-do-you-think-race-fuel-106540/)

underground-mpyre 02-28-2010 05:26 AM

What do you think on Race fuel?

Buddy, has just got a shipment of race fuel(I live in Indy, its common) for his race car. Well, I put sta-bil at the end of fall in my tank. My question is you think a gallon of 103 octane will help refresh the gas and be all right to use with the carbs? It does have a lot lower flash point. Maybe use it on a regular basis too. What do you think?

PlayfulGod 02-28-2010 06:42 AM

if your bike isnt tune to run on race fuel it will be a waste of $$$$

bubba_finch07 02-28-2010 07:08 AM

you could but i would add much

halffast1g 02-28-2010 09:35 AM

no tune for race fuel = waste

probably will make it run slower lmao

mic636 02-28-2010 12:42 PM

ive put av-gas in my F2 awhile back and felt a nice amount of potential from the extra octaine. ( 100 octaine)

PlayfulGod 02-28-2010 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by mic636 (Post 888168)
ive put av-gas in my F2 awhile back and felt a nice amount of potential from the extra octaine. ( 100 octaine)

keep using av gas and you will notice more than that ;)

underground-mpyre 02-28-2010 05:48 PM

I was only thinking a gallon to refresh it. Maybe take a few gallons for a weekend at Deals Gap. I run 93 in it keep it running smooth. I do see how not tuning it would lead to a waste. But was wondering if it ruined the carbs?
I can get race fuel cheap, so not out of too much money.

jtkardel 03-01-2010 12:32 AM

Race gas will do nothing for you. With stock compression, cam grind, cam and ignition timing, running anything above 87 octane will do nothing for you. Higher octane fuel is less volatile and therefore pre-detonates at higher pressure, allowing you to run higher compression and run properly. It won't do anything for your F2, it'll just cost you more every fill up. Save those dollars and use them for something worthwhile like good synthetic oil.

underground-mpyre 03-01-2010 05:23 AM

Speaking of synthetic, can you use regular Mobil-1 synthetic 10w-40 oil in our bikes? I need to change the oil for spring. What is the recomendation?

Bently600 03-01-2010 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by jtkardel (Post 888352)
Race gas will do nothing for you. With stock compression, cam grind, cam and ignition timing, running anything above 87 octane will do nothing for you. Higher octane fuel is less volatile and therefore pre-detonates at higher pressure, allowing you to run higher compression and run properly. It won't do anything for your F2, it'll just cost you more every fill up. Save those dollars and use them for something worthwhile like good synthetic oil.

+1

and Don't use car oil in you bike unless you are really sure about it. The engine oil in our bikes is shared with the transmission/clutch which means most car oils won't work (especially if they say 'cleaners added' or "high mileage engines"). Use a Motorcycle specific oil. (I would recommend Amsoil full synthetic but it is pricey).