CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Wanted your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 03:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted your opinion

I'm going to buy a 94' with 15K, custom paint job, D&D exhaust, Steel braided brake lines, and carbon fiber mirrors. For $1800.
Is this a good deal? Are there any known issues with this model? What are your thoughts?

Old 07-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Default RE: Wanted your opinion

being it has custom paint make sure you know the history, dropped low side etc. That is usually a reason for custom paint although many people just want something diffferent.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:12 PM

make sure to check the rectifier harness and r/r itself. make sure the harness isnt melted. and what jaghunter said. new mirrors plus new paint normally means its been either dropped or laid down. but not always the case, just ask and look the bike over real well. i just picked my 93 up for $1600, so thats a real good deal. just use good judgement and ask a lot of questions.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:32 PM

I would say thats a pretty good deal as long as everything is solid. If it has a clean title, and has been ridden awhile since it was painted then chances are it rides fine, and would be great for a first bike. JMO though

Old 07-12-2007, 03:58 PM

Everything the above people said...and check the compression...one quick way is to put the bike in 2nd or 3rd gear, turn the engine off and try to push it forward, in gear, without the clutch held in. If it rolls, don't buy it.

Make sure the frame is straight...look for any bending of the sub-frame, etc.

Finally, if the paint job was done because of sheer choice, does it look good?

Sounds like a good buy, but check all these things and check the VIN number on the bike and title, make sure they match.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:14 PM

OK. I saw the bike and it was dropped after the custom paint job was done. It looks like it slid on the right side. I rode it for a bit today and everything seemed to be straight. The sub frame is good. Forks are straight. It sounds beautiful w/ the D&D exhaust. How much money could I possibly spend on fixing any issues from the bike being dropped? Because a few hundred dollars here and there is all day. How much would new plastics be, too?
And he showed me the clean title and the VIN numbers matched.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:34 PM

ORIGINAL: dawoonj

OK. I saw the bike and it was dropped after the custom paint job was done. It looks like it slid on the right side. I rode it for a bit today and everything seemed to be straight. The sub frame is good. Forks are straight. It sounds beautiful w/ the D&D exhaust. How much money could I possibly spend on fixing any issues from the bike being dropped? Because a few hundred dollars here and there is all day. How much would new plastics be, too?
And he showed me the clean title and the VIN numbers matched.
Well, without seeing the bike, I'd knock $300 off the price...take him $1500 cash, in hand, and tell him take it or leave it.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:57 AM

New plastics from a Honda dealer will run you about $3000. Depending on your color scheme, you may be able to find used ones on eBay. The hardest ones to find in good shape are the front fairings, and they are also the most expensive ones.
You can spend a lot on these bikes if something goes wrong. A lot of the parts are discontinued and can take forever to get. I would check the color of the oil, and smell it to see if it smells like gas. I would also ask to see it start when the motor's cold, and look for any smoke when it fires up. Check the chain for wear and adjustment.
$1500 sounds like a fair price.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:18 PM

I bought it. Everything checked out!! I looked at and tried most of the things you guys said.
I hope I don't have any major issues. <<knock on wood>>
Hopefully, I can benefit from hanging aorund good company.(You guys)
So, I guess this is my introduction to the group.

Old 07-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Post pics Bro! Congrats!
RB

Quick Reply: Wanted your opinion