CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

vortex sprocket issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 01:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vortex sprocket issue

good morning ****'s. i need some assistance. i purchased one of those quick acceleration/520 conversion kits with the vortex sprockets and rk chain. meow, when i tried to put the new front sprocket on, guess what? it doesnt fit. i was wondering if any of you more experienced folks have had any past run-ins with the same kit or sprocket. or, am i just missing something? just to clear the air, i did remove the old front sprocket, so i'm pretty sure that rules that out. seriously if any one could share some knowledge, it would be greatly appreciated. to add to the dilema, my bike and i are supposed to leave on friday for a weekend in ocean city md. so time is of the essence. thanks again my unknown homies

Old 06-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Default RE: vortex sprocket issue

ok, just some follow-up. i have a 93 f2. i also checked the vortex website and the part # they show is the same as tagged on factory sealed bag the sprocket came in.

Old 06-24-2007, 08:16 PM

First thing you need to do is place the new part over the old part and see if the splines line up. If they don't, call the company Monday first thing and have them replace it for you.

I pulled a 14t off mine and put the stock 15t back on. When placing one over the other they looked really different, but that was because of the outer diameter. The splines were the same.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:33 AM

i did that before i even tried. they line up as close as i can tell.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:14 AM

I would try and rotate the sprocket on the spline as I was pushing it on. Once the bolt came off I was able to just pull it off and slide the new one on. Did you have trouble pulling the old one off? Also, I loosened the chaina ton before I pulled it. When I tried to put it on with the chain installed, it would not go on. I then slid the sprocket on without the chain and fed the chain through afterward and it worked perfect.

Also, it was not too tight when it went on, and had just enough play so that if it wasn't machined perfect it would have still went on.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:51 AM

thanks for the help. i got it all worked out. more questions to come.