CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F2 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f2-16/)
-   -   Ugly Betty, got a make over...or rather ugly Barbie got a make over! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f2-16/ugly-betty-got-make-over-rather-ugly-barbie-got-make-over-45800/)

93cbr600 07-28-2007 11:55 PM

RE: Ugly Betty, got a make over...or rather ugly Barbie got a make over!

looks spectactular for spray can. good job, now enjoy riding it!

Hesser6 07-29-2007 12:11 AM

All I can say is wow. Looks great. Much better than my 84 Ceptor I rattle canned once.

Quick6Atl 07-30-2007 10:43 AM

Nie.. I am getting my 94 F2 on Saturday and it has that blk/yellow/purple scheme, not a fan of it.. I will look into the tape works thing and see what is up on a paint job here in Ga.

Sand.Man 07-30-2007 04:47 PM

That looks really good man, I've been looking for a paint scheme for my F2 and I really like what you've done.

Did you clearcoat over top of the decals?

I painted my old bike and it turned out really well too, I did a 2-tone scheme but I used spray gun/compressor.

Did you sand it down to the plastics or paint over top of the barbie coat?

felk27t 07-30-2007 06:03 PM

I sanded the pink (not all the way down to bare plastic), primered it, sanded (800 grit), then painted the silver,sanded (1500 grit), clear coated, polish compounded it, them I put the decals on...I didn't clear coat over the decals because they're on pretty good...now I just need to get the engine right...It's a little rough...it has new plugs, all the fluids are new...I think maybe the carbs need to be synced and the bike tuned up. I don't know too much about the engine on these bikes, but I'm assuming the timing is off...can you adjust the timing???

410600f2 07-30-2007 07:32 PM

If you dont do the work yourself, Bob at B&E Motorsports(410-827-3792) can get you up and running. He did work on my f2 and it runs like a champ now. His prices are alot better than the dealership in Easton (I dont trust them either) but thats another story. You ever get your petcock figured out? I'm still not sure what connects to the lower nipple on mine! I'm taking my bike in for some misc work this week(probably tomorrow) I can see what he will charge for a carb sync and tune-up for sh*ts and giggles.

felk27t 07-30-2007 09:43 PM

Are you on the Island? Where do you live? I'm just getting into riding a bike again, after many years and I'm sure I'll be looking for other people that ride around here...(only problem, I drive like an old man)...B&E cleaned my carbs...great job at a great price...he's going to sync them once I get it over there...he charges $40 to sync ...I need/want to get it inspected and get tags on it...then, I'll drive it over there... I'm going to have him put new rubber on the bike, sync carb and probably put in a CCT...he has a deal on tires $55 each...Is it real bad to drive the bike when it needs a CCT...he's only 15 miles away from me, but I need the bike to pass inspection...

felk27t 07-30-2007 09:48 PM

I ordered the right pet cock for the bike, but I'm sending it back to ron ayer...I haven't opened the packing because I used the cheaper petcock that I got and plugged the vac line from carb 1...works fine and is saving me money...

felk27t 07-30-2007 09:50 PM

410600f2...just looked at your info...I see you're in Easton...

neoizan 07-31-2007 03:51 PM

Beautiful! You give me hope for my DIY paint project i plan to do later on. Where did you find your seat cowl? I have looked everywhere. Also, i have a couple small cracks on the beside the seat plastic have any ideas on how i might repair before i paint??