CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

turbo f2 ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 12:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo f2 ?

ok so how do you turbo an f2 i know that there would be some ecu mods and all that stuff but where would you get one and get your ecu chipped i've been looking but cant find anything on it

Old 09-02-2007, 12:47 AM
Default RE: turbo f2 ?

ecu? its carbed.. there is no ecu.. to boost it you need to rework the carbs a bit and all sorts of **** that would never pay off. If you want a boosted bike i would suggest a different platform.

Old 09-02-2007, 01:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just dont, sell it and buy a bigger bike.

Turbo on an outdated 600cc bike is just retarded lol.

Sorry to sound harsh, but really now.

Old 09-02-2007, 01:32 PM

Dude, I know you're looking for more power, and that's fine. You're a little light on bikeknowledge, and that's ok too. We all have to start somewhere. Honestly, you seem to have real enthusiasm for your F2, and that's admirable.

I don't mean to offend if I'm wrong, but let me guess as to your situation here. You ride your white F2 with your buddies, who mostly have faster, newer bikes, right? You seem to have a little trouble keeping up with them, and you want to find ways tomake your bike a little faster. Am I hittin' close to home?

Let's think aboutwhat a turbo would most likely do to your bikeif you really went through with the modification. As you would start to accelerate off the line,you would most likely not see any power boost until close to about 5,000 rpm (turbo lag). Then, you experience a jolt of power that hits pretty hard and lasts through higher rpm's, and that's probably the best single-turbo option. Now, if you decide to go with a smaller turbo, it might only give you a boost off the line, and if you go with a larger one, most of your powerwould beseen in higher rpm's. Either way, you losethe relativelysmooth powerband your bike was designedwith and gain a spiked, inconsistent power profile. If you modify the bike for drag racing; e.g. lower it, extend swingarm, run a larger wheel/tire combo on the rear (requires replacement of swingarm to allow for more clearance), this could be ok, but for street riding, this ispotentially dangerous. Here's why: If you are going around a turn and hit the throttle while at a decent lean angle, you could loose traction from the boost and lowside.A few other potential problems with jolts of power on a bikecould be a surprise power wheelie, or a burnout at highway speeds, neither of which sound like fun if you're not expecting them.

Now a twin turbo setup (one for low rpm's and one for high) could help smooth out spikes in the powerband, but would be more costly, and would still require some of the above modifications to actually transfer that powerto the road.

Realize that regardless how you set it up, turbocharging your bike would cost more than the vehicle is worth, so from an economical standpoint, it doesn't make any sense. Also, because of the inconsistencies inherent in a turbocharged system, I think it's potentially dangerous.

I think you should get a newer 600 in a few years (the 600rr's are awesome!). Until then, keep on riding your F2. It's a very consistent, dependable, well rounded sportbike. With experience, your bike can beat pretty much anything on the road. Patience, grasshopper. Believe me, I'm stilldeveloping this virtuemyself.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:17 PM

wow lol......no one answered his question, all he got was slammed....
he diddint ask if it was a good idea or nothe just wanted some information on turbos for his bike.but hewas wrong about the ecu stuff and asking where to get it chippped....mabye he doesn't want to pay a rediclous price for a new 600 or bigger bike that looses half its value in just a few years/miles. and honestly i dont know where to get turbos for these foreignbikes at the momenti dont have any cataloguesfor them yet. i do know that i got my 94' f2 with 8k on it for $500 3 days ago and all i have to do is get new plastics to make it look right,and thats $200... it runs and drives fineso if he has gotten his bike at a reasonable price like me i would turbo it if i had the extra money.. i mean its 1/8 of the price lol of putting a turbo on a new say 600ccbike that has just 25% or so more hp...
im new to this forum to, but i do know that anything can be found on the internet. so look on there man and turbo that thing

Old 09-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: toyvette81

And you didn't asnswer it either actually, all you did was tell us about *yawn* the deal you got on your bike. That's thread jacking!!!! Hahaha.

Sorry, but you really asked to be treated like a no0b.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:48 PM

Jerks.

It's possible to put a turbo on anything. If you want to do it yourself, do it. If you want to have a shop install a turbo kit, ....way too much money.
Since there is no ecu, you don't need to reflash or anything like that. It might help though to get an ignition advancer/retarder. It'll help tuning. These are getting harder and harder to find for an F2, but they are out there.
Without converting to fuel injection, the best/easiest set-up would be a blow through. Mount a turbo under the tail (more lag), or down where the headers come out of the block. You'll have to find a turbo suitable for a 600cc high revving engine by anaylzing compressor maps. Run the exhaust like normal. Run an intake pipe up to the airbox. You'll have to custom make an airbox by the way. Finally, there are several mods you'll have to make to the carbs if you want to run boost higher than about 4 psi. Like Nitrile floats, new overly rich jetting, etc. It'll be a lot of work to get it to run properly. You'll need a wideband O2 sensor to watch for lean running, and a boost gauge to make sure your carbs don't explode.
That's a glimpse of what needs to be done. Have fun!

Old 09-04-2007, 08:04 AM

ORIGINAL: toyvette81

And he should have. Look,a very importantpurpose of forums like this one is to gain insight to issues of which you have little or no knowledge. Since he asked how to install and where to buy a turbo for his bike, most of us saw the root of the issue. That is to say, we were asking him to reconsider his decision. Just telling him how to do it and where to find one would have been the wrong move, because most of us did not think that his decision was a sound one. Sometimes you ask one questionin this forum and get the answer to a different one. In this case, he got the answers he needed, not necessarily the ones he wanted.

Old 09-04-2007, 03:19 PM

Sometimes you ask one questionin this forum and get the answer to a different one. In this case, he got the answers he needed, not necessarily the ones he wanted.

George "Dubya" Bush Jr.

Old 09-04-2007, 03:28 PM

thank you cadaver... and "theX" i did answer the best i could i was actually nice to the guy and gave him some confidense clearly in my reply to him i said "i honestly dont know where to get turbos" the good deal on my bike wasnt all i told him it wasyet afraction of my post (2lines)what you said was completly and100% wrong "hahaha no0b"
whats wrong with just giving someone some motivation?! even if i didn't know the answer?

Quick Reply: turbo f2 ?